Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Starting this tonight. Spooky reads for spooky times!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

this is pretty great so far

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

these stories are so good, excellent choice for BotM

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I branched out to reading some of his other collections and Kotto: being Japanese curios, with sundry cobwebs is much like this except even weirder. One story just flat out doesn't have an ending at all. Another entry is just him copying out a japanese woman's diary from the turn of the century, nonfiction, and it's one of the most terrifying things I've read.

how so?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Into the butterfly studies now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

derp posted:

Finished this today and was really delightfully surprised by the sudden shift to insects at the end. I loved the butterfly haikus and have always been fascinated by ants. However i never would have guessed that the essay about ants would be about the morality of ants, wtf haha.

extremely enjoyable read all around, good pick, ty.

Agreed, was really great and enjoyable.

I really liked the story of the guy who fell asleep beneath a tree and then lived 23 years apparently in an underground mirror Japan