Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Movie begins in 20 minutes!

Before our feature, there will be a short presentation.

http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBween

stickied :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
sorry i missed the movie :(, last one was fun

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

oh i did not miss it!?

making a drink and then checking in

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i love the old movie theme and fully endorse it but if you ever want to screen a newer film may i suggest juan of the dead, a cuban zombie film

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1838571/

if not i'll definitely keep watching what you choose

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
can't wait :)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
wait... its already over?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

1920's The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is indeed available, would people like that, or perhaps a contemporary (that I found a very high quality copy of): 1922's Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror!

Or, maybe even both, if we feel like it?

my vote is both if possible

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

we're starting to get towards the end of the month (and halloween! :thunkin:) but maybe an idea for another movie (after caligari and/or nosferatu) would be one of the Romero films? night of the living dead seems to be on YT, I don't know if it meets all the criteria tho?

:agreed: it's a classic and has the exact social commentary that bfm is talking about

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Another fun night of classic horrors! Thanks everyone for coming, and watch this space for another movie this week!

that was really fun BFM, thanks you for doing this :love:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
at work for a few more hours but i'll be watching in spirit

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

hope I can make it tonight, I'm with family and they always start dinner right at 7 so maybe I won't be able to, but I'll be there in spirit!

we all know movie night supersedes family obligations :colbert:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

well byob is family so now I'm all confused :ohdear:

nice winter snail sig!!

ty, i made it for nut but he didn't use it so i figured it shouldn't go to waste

and ty again for the fall sig, it's too good to retire this winter

edit: btw that's nude snail spawn second from the left

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
suggestion for if you ever choose to do an apocalypse themed movie month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXWJHqIPY0U

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World,_the_Flesh_and_the_Devil_(1959_film)

"The World, the Flesh and the Devil is a 1959 American science fiction doomsday film written and directed by Ranald MacDougall. The film stars Harry Belafonte, who was then at the peak of his film career. The film is set in a post-apocalyptic world with very few human survivors. It is based on two sources: the 1901 novel The Purple Cloud by M. P. Shiel and the story "End of the World" by Ferdinand Reyher."

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

just looked it up and it is apparently based on the Basic D&D module B2, "The Keep on the Borderlands"

:stare: :love: *whispering* my childhood...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lmao

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

peter lorre impression begins at 1:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2A32KUTq0

this was awesome

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lmao

that film was magnificent tonight

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

hate it when people make things all about themselves

lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
someone told me the movie has frogs with bodacious asses but i'm not sure if they were telling the truth

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
why pay for the whole ticket... when you'll only need the edge of your seat

:smug:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Plant MONSTER. posted:

We learned about space

We learned about planes

We learned about how you owe your life to plants, think about it

We learned about the birth of psychology and how it was immediately exploited. nothing has changed.

We learned that cutting your eyelids off will prevent sleep and that music boxes will make sun-father want to bottle-feed his child by pretending the bottles are breasts and then unbirthing said child

:hai: i took like 20 pages of notes

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

it is coupons and deals nite! I am not sure I will be able to join all/ any of it, but I am sure the gathered crowd will be able to figure out stuff to watch. hp and/or bfm may be there, I'm not sure.

this is extremely on brand for byob

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Heather Papps posted:

also i've been talking with BFM and we are excited to announce the yobscars! at some point close to the end of this year we are going to have a month or so dedicated to the best films in byob movie night online history! if anything screams itself to you post it here, but i'm going to try and put together a big ol list of every film we've watched over the past year so we can vote on what kicked the most rear end, and what sucked the most (maybe?). this whole thing is seat of winging it, and may change quickly but still that's life, right?

anyways consider the past, and what was excellent.

just on the top of my head the skid kid, the irish kung fu flick, tampopo and one cut of the dead leap to mind but also i picked at least 2 of those films so anyways please vote or something.

the sherman's march documentary

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Hey fellow cinephiles, tonight's movie is gonna be Black Rose Mansion from 1969-

Same bat time, same bat channel: http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies @ midnight GMT.

And thank you all for the well-wishes and good thoughts. A special thanks to Heather Papps and Manifisto and everyone who kept this thread going. I'm feeling much better and glad to see y'all again. Let's watch movies!

missed it bc of work but glad you're back :)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
on coupons and deals night no less...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

So what's the verdict, do we try out https://cytu.be/ tonight?

it looks like its just like the psp.tv thingy

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hi!

i'm hijacking the movie night until people arrive and playing the naked gun 33 1/3

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Leraika posted:

I missed the naked gun :(

there will be more movie hijacking in the future...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Leslie neilson's trilogy of naked gun movies shouldn't be forgotten just because a supporting actor turned out to be a multi murdering piece of poo poo

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i love that the party of five guy got put on an action movie based in a video game

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
hijacking to play the good, the bad and the ugly until people show up

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

except its all backwards and hosed up

:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe start with another compilation of 80s or 90s commercials. those were fun saturday

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:stare:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
slathering myself with cheese to hide from the rodents...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

one hour of 80s commercials starting at 6pm for the early birds/people who drink early because they have to work sunday and/or the sharks in their moats drink to heavily

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
to each their own but we are all human and have our faults and to me i appreciate the art independent of the human and to remove the art is wrong because at the end of the day we can find fault with everyone if we try hard enough. tell the story of the artist no matter how terrible but don't forget that we're all human and appreciate that even the worst of us still can create something beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Oh wait you know what? Duh. Of course John Cleese said transphobic stuff, he has a transphobic rant in Life of Bryan, during the arena scene. We just watched it. gently caress. How did I not put that together until now?

Later in the film his character SEEMS to have advanced, by agreeing to all the pronoun changes in the Judaean People's Front proposal for action. But he hasn't come around on his defining womanhood by fertility, that's left unresolved.

drat, that poo poo really is pervasive.

please separate the art from the artist. please. imho i am much farther left than the people trying to erase art from our collective observation and enjoyment and it pains me to see the hate people are throwing at people they disagree with here. i don't want to personally attack anyone who is posting here so i'll leave it at that and stop participating in this thread and the movie nights but drat i couldn't disagree with you all more than i am tonight.