Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh

Noooo I missed it. Hope to join next time, I'll set an alarm and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh

Thanks for the good time! i like that these aren't horror movies in the gory jumpscare way, but are more like thrillers on a backdrop of horrific circumstances. i don't watch a lot of movies in general but I'll take any recommendations i see you make from now on.

think i'll watch The Lighthouse tonight also, i've been meaning to do that.

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

Jinh posted:

think i'll watch The Lighthouse tonight also, i've been meaning to do that.

...holy poo poo :stare:

Jinh fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 11, 2020

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

:getin:

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

Yeah i really appreciate this.

I've had issues with anxiety attacks and stuff in the past, and because of that I've never been into the more contemporary kinds of horror movies or video games because they use jumpscares and "saw" style super intense gore stuff too much. That "scared" feeling, of being trapped and overwhelmed in a scene, is really uncomfortable to me. This is the first time that i've been able to enjoy movies around halloween with a few friends, and it's awesome :)

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

Doctor Dogballs posted:

how do we show something thats not on youtube. what if someone just plays a movie and streams their screen in discord or sumthin "NICE N' LEGALLY"

yeah think so. i asked some friends who have movie nights all the time, dude who runs it says "I just stream stuff on Discord. use whatever service and just share my screen
The quality isn't amazing, but All of those shared services never have many options, so discord is the best way I've found to do it"

twitch might also be a good option, im also pretty unfamiliar with it. i hear you're not supposed to use it to stream movies, there was a big hullabaloo about being able to stream amazon prime movies and shows but you can only do it a certain way and theres a ton of baggage associated.

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

BYOB movie nights now have their own banner ad, woo!

Edit- and it really works too!!!

Rad as hell

Jinh

:stare: i'll never inject another marihuana as long as i live

thanks so much cda <3

Jinh

im down for wednesday, its also my birthday :ssh:

thanks so much cda <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh

drat that's a cool poster