Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

the ghosts of christmas past, present, and future are all herman cain

it's the ghost-ghost-ghost deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

According to a smarter goon

quote:

People keep commenting on Trump's blood pressure of 120/80 is suspicious because it's exactly on the boundary of high blood pressure.

It isn't. Hypertension is above 140/90. 120/80 is a perfectly normal blood pressure. Also, for someone with possible evolving sepsis, the real concern is low blood pressure. Hypotension is what leads to organ failure. A really septic patient will often need to be on pressors to keep their blood pressure high enough to perfuse their vital organs.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

existential anger posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1312419958878502912

(In response to the news that the President has been diagnosed as coronavirus positive for 72 hours / got antibody treatment 48 hours ago)

Clearly the donors aren't going to say poo poo, but if any caterers etc were infected I can't imagine this not being criminal negligence if the law applied to Trump or his staff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Herman Cain comes and warrants trump of the arrival of the ghost of John Lewis, Beau Biden, and Ruth Bader Ginsberg

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Wait Trump has sepsis or?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fool of sound posted:

Lmao, trump has covid

lmbo

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This is a great resource for tracking COVID-19 infections at the Rose Garden Debacle:
https://public.tableau.com/profile/peter.james.walker#!/vizhome/shared/2KWK6RNMW

I also really like the graphic here that identifies people in the crowd. Useful for tracking potential candidates for infection, like the entire White House staff in the front row...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/trump-timeline-activities-425041?update

Jet Jaguar fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 3, 2020

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pick posted:

Herman Cain comes and warrants trump of the arrival of the ghost of Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Unsurprisingly, Fox hasn’t said a peep about the anonymous pool source. Alternative facts.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Wait Trump has sepsis or?

from what I understand, they're saying that his blood pressure is normal and isn't indicative of anything right now - especially sepsis, which is what kills some covid patients

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

sexpig by night posted:

TUBE! THAT! BITCH!

If he ends up tubed, he's most likely dead. We thought we needed way more respirators in the early days, but clinicians figured out ways to successfully treat patients without putting them on a ventilator. At this point if he's on a vent there's a high probability he's dead or going to have a month-long recovery.

Speaking as someone who was on a ventilator this spring with severe pneumonia, he literally won't be able to walk or do basic tasks for weeks after (see my avatar text).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh that's nice, a white house staffer on background, certainly believe that more than a doctor on the record

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Yeah 120/80 was always considered standard to me. Conley saying 120 sounds like when they say he’s 1 lb below obese BMI.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1312428988212678656

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes I know Regeneron is the name of the company but COME ON tell me that is not EXACTLY the name of some quack drug promoted by an evil villain doctor on an episode of Superfriends

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

from what I understand, they're saying that his blood pressure is normal and isn't indicative of anything right now - especially sepsis, which is what kills some covid patients

Yeah if his blood pressure goes into free fall it's dire.

I went into septic shock and my blood pressure was around 80/50 which is like, imminent organ failure. So they stuck a fat central line IV in my loving jugular in my neck and pumped me full of pressors, then put me on a vent.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

what are the chances that, in trying to find out when trump last tested negative, reporters discover that the president had largely refused to receive regular testing, either due to him not believing COVID-19 was serious or his own disgust with nasal swabs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

QuoProQuid posted:

what are the chances that, in trying to find out when trump last tested negative, reporters discover that the president had largely refused to receive regular testing, either due to him not believing COVID-19 was serious or his own disgust with nasal swabs

Pretty early on in this, when Trump had to explain what it was like, he clearly didn't really know. I find this not unlikely.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

evilweasel posted:

oh that's nice, a white house staffer on background, certainly believe that more than a doctor on the record

this but unironically

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

we basically already know this. we've already heard stories that their testing protocol has become extremely lax over the last few weeks and they deliberately dodged tests in the lead up to the debates. they bought into their own bullshit that covid was over and hosed themselves.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hubris and karma 69ing

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

100% Trump doesn’t get daily tests

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Still Lmaoing at Regeneron

Is that made out of Unobtainium??!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Josh Lyman posted:

100% Trump doesn’t get daily tests

It's just easier to test everyone else around them and make them suffer and fear about it.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

QuoProQuid posted:

eke out and I were hypothesizing in the main thread that if he's still getting daily tests they're almost certainly the rapid antigen test which isn't the brain-poke and is a more comfortable nasal/oral/throat swab.

I mean, it's possible he's not getting tested daily but I think given he's a huge coward and germophobe he probably really is getting a quick, relatively painless rapid antigen test daily. The problem with the rapid test is it only detects actively replicating virus. The brain-poke PCR test detects viral RNA and will catch infection earlier. Rapid antigen will catch when you have active infection and is how you're determined to be *contagious*

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1312432028630110209

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I'm making a delicious big breakfast and the president is dying. Life owns

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

KillHour posted:

The irony is now the mods are going to have several 10k posts/day threads to monitor instead of just one.

Also, they better not stop investigating Trump's crimes just because he dies.

you have my word that after he dies i will continue investigating his crimes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ringo Star Get posted:

It's just easier to test everyone else around them and make them suffer and fear about it.

It's like Mitch Hedberg's roundabout AIDS test

I call up my friend Brian and say "Brian, do you know anyone that has AIDS?" "No" "Cool, cause you know me."

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

eke out and I were hypothesizing in the main thread that if he's still getting daily tests they're almost certainly the rapid antigen test which isn't the brain-poke and is a more comfortable nasal/oral/throat swab.

I mean, it's possible he's not getting tested daily but I think given he's a huge coward and germophobe he probably really is getting a quick, relatively painless rapid antigen test daily. The problem with the rapid test is it only detects actively replicating virus. The brain-poke PCR test detects viral RNA and will catch infection earlier. Rapid antigen will catch when you have active infection and is how you're determined to be *contagious*

i think its more likely that they wern't testing him daily because he's a whiny baby, but were testing people around him and thought that was good enough. but as that system broke down and more people started interacting with the campaign (and travel picked up), it was just a matter of time.

Seven Hundred Bee fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 3, 2020

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

That's one way to get him to wear a mask :v:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LMAO that they're talking about a "clear path to full recovery" like three days into a disease that is known to take weeks to resolve

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

i think its more likely that they wern't testing him daily because he's a whiny baby, but were testing people around him and thought that was good enough. but as that system broke down and more people started interacting with the campaign (and travel picked it), it was just a matter of time.

maybe donnie is proof of life gensis and he's a whitehole for covid?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

As someone who's been around the block on this: shortness of breath is the "Red Flag" symptom

It means the virus is in your lungs and destroying them, causing fluid to fill the lungs

He's intubated and in a coma, or in immense pain. The fever is the other dangerous symptom

My dad actually survived COVID, but it ravaged his lungs he couldn't breathe on his own afterwards, and his lungs eventually collapsed from the weakened state

This is all sounding so eerily familiar...

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

TulliusCicero posted:

As someone who's been around the block on this: shortness of breath is the "Red Flag" symptom

It means the virus is in your lungs and destroying them, causing fluid to fill the lungs

He's intubated and in a coma, or in immense pain. The fever is the other dangerous symptom

My dad actually survived COVID, but it ravaged his lungs he couldn't breathe on his own afterwards, and his lungs eventually collapsed from the weakened state

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I'm, however, quite ecstatic to hear that about Trump.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Data Graham posted:

LMAO that they're talking about a "clear path to full recovery" like three days into a disease that is known to take weeks to resolve

Yeah this is the part that has me raising my eyebrow. From everything we know so far it is extremely common for COVID patients to have weeks worth of symptoms with the severity of said symptoms fluctuating throughout. How are they already talking about about his full recovery when this is day 3?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That...contradicts this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvdBANoMs-s

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Vorik posted:

Yeah this is the part that has me raising my eyebrow. From everything we know so far it is extremely common for COVID patients to have weeks worth of symptoms with the severity of said symptoms fluctuating throughout. How are they already talking about about his full recovery when this is day 3?

what else can they do? admit that he's actually pretty sick and that they're totally hosed? his campaign is already doomed but that would be a literal kiss of death from the White House.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vorik posted:

because theyre hoping that it works like tinkerbell coming back to life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TulliusCicero posted:

I never offered you condolences directly but I do so now. :(

Anyway I hope there is some solace in knowing that even if Trump recovers fully at this point, he will have been through an INTENSELY unpleasant and existentially horrifying experience, perhaps for the first time in his life.