Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I would 100% expect Trump rallies to continue after he is out of office.

Where? In Second Life?

Trump has been running rallies out of airports and simps' property since the Tulsa fiasco and already had the reputation of stiffing venue holders and city governments before becoming President.

However, I can full expect the Trump grift train to ask his supporters for donations to hold a rally, then charge admission for said rally. Then cancel at the last minute, oops, all sales are final!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Have Mitch’s hands fallen off yet?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Young Freud posted:

Where? In Second Life?

Trump has been running rallies out of airports and simps' property since the Tulsa fiasco and already had the reputation of stiffing venue holders and city governments before becoming President.

However, I can full expect the Trump grift train to ask his supporters for donations to hold a rally, then charge admission for said rally. Then cancel at the last minute, oops, all sales are final!

it would be interesting to see him try a paid talk circuit

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

OANN may give him a Trump power hour to rant on the air and take sycophantic calls. That might fill the black hole that is his ego a bit.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Pants Donkey posted:

OANN may give him a Trump power hour to rant on the air and take sycophantic calls. That might fill the black hole that is his ego a bit.

An hour? They will give him the whole network. They will have rebranded to Trump TV by the spring.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

we've stopped getting updates on trump's medical treatments, but is it safe to say that by this point the fucker is in fact cured?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Mr Interweb posted:

we've stopped getting updates on trump's medical treatments, but is it safe to say that by this point the fucker is in fact cured?

Oh yeah, he got extremely lucky and all the best experimental treatments.

The silver lining is that because he got the max dose of Regeneron antibody cocktail very early on, it's likely his body didn't mount much of a natural defense of its own. So he is probably vulnerable to catching it again, which would be hilarious.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
So is Trump still getting pumped full of steroids?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

whydirt posted:

So is Trump still getting pumped full of steroids?

Nobody knows. Possibly? It would be very reckless and irresponsible of his doctors to do so, because it suppresses your immune system and has a bunch of other bad side effects. The chief White House physician is a toady but his big medical team is full of very competent infectious disease doctors. I would guess it's most likely they weaned him off pretty quickly because the consequences of long-term steroid use are really bad, but it's also possible he demanded more feelgood drugs and they went along with it.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

My dude, winds typically gust at double the sustained wind speed. Wind speeds are reported as sustained speeds. A sustained 25mph will have 50mph winds, which are in fact, not necessarily safe to be in.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

mitztronic posted:

My dude, winds typically gust at double the sustained wind speed. Wind speeds are reported as sustained speeds. A sustained 25mph will have 50mph winds, which are in fact, not necessarily safe to be in.

Who told you that? That's, uh, extremely not right.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Fritz the Horse posted:

Oh yeah, he got extremely lucky and all the best experimental treatments.

He got a really regular amount of lucky, this is and always has been a disease with very low personal risk but very high risk across populations. Trump has himself in a bunch of higher risk categories but the expected/likely outcome was always full recovery.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pants Donkey posted:

He could take over the golden EIB throne after Rush eats it.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

PT6A posted:

Who told you that? That's, uh, extremely not right.

I’m sorry, what? That wind speeds aren’t reported as sustained (lol???)? Or that a typical/ rule of thumb is that gusts peak around double that (also lol??)?

Like, there’s plenty to poo poo on Trump for. This is not one of them.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He got a really regular amount of lucky, this is and always has been a disease with very low personal risk but very high risk across populations. Trump has himself in a bunch of higher risk categories but the expected/likely outcome was always full recovery.

This is what I believed as well, but Dr. Fauci leaked that Trump got his experimental antibody infusion early enough that it likely made a major impact in the progression of the disease. It possibly didn't, but it would fit with what we know about Trump's covid's progression.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BigFactory posted:

He could take over the golden EIB throne after Rush eats it.

Wouldn't it be considerably less golden after it passes through Rush's digestive tract?

EDIT: Oh, right, other kind of "eat it". Thought you were making a fat joke for a second.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Haystack posted:

This is what I believed as well, but Dr. Fauci leaked that Trump got his experimental antibody infusion early enough that it likely made a major impact in the progression of the disease. It possibly didn't, but it would fit with what we know about Trump's covid's progression.

Specifically, Fauci told a reporter that Trump did not have any antibodies of his own when the Regeneron cocktail was administered, which means he probably got it early enough to be really effective (a luxury almost nobody has) and also that Trump likely didn't mount much of his own immune response, so he very well could not have much natural immunity to a second SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

mitztronic posted:

I’m sorry, what? That wind speeds aren’t reported as sustained (lol???)? Or that a typical/ rule of thumb is that gusts peak around double that (also lol??)?

Like, there’s plenty to poo poo on Trump for. This is not one of them.

Mate, I live on a sailboat. A gust is 10-15 knots over mean wind speed, strong gust 15-20, violent 20+. Winds at 25 knots do not in anyway shape or form automatically suggest the danger of gusts to loving 50 lmao.

Like if this was true I'd have to drop my genoa and put in a second reef everytime I was sailing in 25kts just in case the wind spped DOUBLED to 50 and knocked me down lmao, it doesn't work like that. You can have sustained 25kts with almost no gusting OR 25kts with violent gusts or anything in betweeen.

Lolling IRL thinking about if everytime I was sailing at 15kts that meant it could gust to 30 without warning at any time. 30 gusting to 60 lmfao. The boys at the yacht club are gonna love hearing this one.

Crumbskull fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 31, 2020

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Haystack posted:

Good?

I mean, trump is a bad man so him dying would be funny, but if they invented an amazing super cure that is great news. Let's all hope that it's true and they did find magic super medicine to give trump.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Crumbskull posted:

Mate, I live on a sailboat. A gust is 10-15 knots over mean wind speed, strong gust 15-20, violent 20+. Winds at 25 knots do not in anyway shape or form automatically suggest the danger of gusts to loving 50 lmao.

Like if this was true I'd have to drop my genoa and put in a second reef everytime I was sailing in 25kts just in case the wind spped DOUBLED to 50 and knocked me down lmao, it doesn't work like that. You can have sustained 25kts with almost no gusting OR 25kts with violent gusts or anything in betweeen.

Lolling IRL thinking about if everytime I was sailing at 15kts that meant it could gust to 30 without warning at any time. 30 gusting to 60 lmfao. The boys at the yacht club are gonna love hearing this one.

I fuckin love this forum

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Data Graham posted:

I fuckin love this forum

not an emptyquote

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Crumbskull posted:

hell yeah

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Crumbskull posted:

See, this is what happens when you ignore those 60 knot gusts.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kith posted:

not an emptyquote

Have some conviction in your emptyquotes.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1325835097627615234

Election party super spreader

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1328830806291341312

He's 87

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol he's been a senator for longer than i've been alive

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Iowa is close enough that depending on turnout, candidates, etc, it's possible, though not likely for a Democratic candidate to win.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Charlz Guybon posted:

Iowa is close enough that depending on turnout, candidates, etc, it's possible, though not likely for a Democratic candidate to win.

And the odds would go up significantly if Grassley the forever-incumbent was out of the picture because the COVID left him too enfeebled to continue in office.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Would they do a special election? That senate race that just finished there wasn't all that close--is there anyone else who would run to replace him?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Would they do a special election? That senate race that just finished there wasn't all that close--is there anyone else who would run to replace him?

yeah they'd probably send out greenfield again. she didn't do badly and now has name recog

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Donald Trump Junior has coronavirus

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Pick posted:

Donald Trump Junior has coronavirus

And cocaine use can cause hypertension, right? Could be quite risky for him.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

i know we can't jump directly to "he's dead" but oh my god can you imagine watching trump not care even one tiny bit that his son died of covid

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

i know we can't jump directly to "he's dead" but oh my god can you imagine watching trump not care even one tiny bit that his son died of covid

after all, he’s repeatedly said he doesn’t like losers

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress him and the rest of Trump's kids, but especially the "Large Adult Failchildren" contingent (Junior, Ivanka, Jared & Eric). I know Barron has just recently revealed as a shithead, but just the fact that the quartet of unqualified loving idiots were part of the Administration is infuriating as poo poo. I hope they all get it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And Rudy's son has it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Wark Say posted:

gently caress him and the rest of Trump's kids, but especially the "Large Adult Failchildren" contingent (Junior, Ivanka, Jared & Eric). I know Barron has just recently revealed as a shithead, but just the fact that the quartet of unqualified loving idiots were part of the Administration is infuriating as poo poo. I hope they all get it.

I missed this. When did it come out Barron is also trash?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think like 14 or so years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Nevermind!!