Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

From what people are suggesting and we've seen, he is taking hella steroids to combat the inflammation in his lungs, which is why he feels so great right now. It's also like that going whole hog on steroids and leaving Walter Reed were to maintain appearances and make it look like he beat the virus over a weekend. So much like the pandemic itself, he is bullshitting in the hopes that things will just work out in the end instead of admitting he hosed up and doing what is necessary. He has been shown having difficulty breathing, and at some point the drugs aren't going to work when the virus is going buck wild in his alveoli. Whether this means he dies is up in the air. He is president, and therefore should be getting the best medical care on Earth. But he's also Trump and will do incredibly stupid poo poo like going against doctor's orders to save face. So who knows!

It's also worth noting that this isn't a simple pass/fail outcome. Boris Johnson has suffered such permanent damage that he may be retiring. So it is possible that Trump survives but is so hosed up by the virus that even he can't hide it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I dunno if he's high, desperate, or he read the tweet about his tweet output being linked to his health and is trying to get his "vitals" up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

Trump's already backed out of the virtual debate... low energy
It’s a losing proposition either way. He either looks like a petulant child or shows himself to be a hacking mess. Since the public already knows about the former it’s a better option, I guess.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gross Dude posted:

He said he'll do a rally, though, so we still get to see his hack-a-thon
That is very likely to be bullshit to show that he isn’t dropping out because he can’t debate but because virtual debates are for sissies or whatever. Don’t be surprised if the rally goes virtual with a heavily edited video of Trump pretending to be (a)live.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Have we even heard from him since Monday? His video yesterday was recorded Monday.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So they have to realize how weird it looks that all of Trump’s appearances are weird video clips of him alone ranting about something.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Melania is only 50 and she was a model which would infer a healthier than average lifestyle. People would probably care more if she was a walking sack of comorbidities like her husband.

Although she must be decently sick still since they would likely leap at the chance to have them both claiming to have beaten covid.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Starting to understand why Pence was so adamant about no plexiglass.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

generic one posted:

What’s the gestation period for fly larvae? He may need to hunker down so he can bring his new spawn to term.

Edit: OK, I think I just grossed myself out. Apologies to anyone else who gets a little queasy, too.
Got it backwards. The fly is going to erupt with a new batch of larval Pencelings.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fred probably told a young Trump some dog idiom frequently, and his now decaying still half-remembers it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Or in light of increasingly bad polls, he is going with his natural instinct to double down as hard as possible. Which means machine-gun rattling off of every Fox News or QAnon lie.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Railing Kill posted:

I read a tweet yesterday that said something like, "Trump"s arguments must be working on me because I am not definitely voting for Hilary Clinton or Hunter Biden this year." It's amazing how Trump seems to have this one skill--manipulating the media--yet he frequently bungles even that fairly often because he's stupid in so many other ways. He's still prosecuting the 2016 campaign every time he mentions Clinton. You would think he'd have a better grasp on how to dick with the media about Biden. It's a stark reminder that he's not even very good at what he's supposed to be good at, and that he barely won (and lost badly in the PV) in 2016. He"s not a puppet master. He's a loving idiot, and now he's also on drugs that impair his judgment.
He keeps bringing up 2016 because he knows in his fetid heart that he lost the popular vote. Sure, he won the election, but Trump craves public validation more than anything, and he has proof that Americans did not want him as president. So he just tries very hard to spin enough lies about 2016 to one day fool himself.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Would Trump even get the booby prize of Fox News contributor? I think even Fox realizes he’s too unhinged for his own show, especially after his loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

OANN may give him a Trump power hour to rant on the air and take sycophantic calls. That might fill the black hole that is his ego a bit.