Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ur in my world now posted:

I drank scotch and squirt once in college. the guy that brought it insisted on the combo. don't really understand the pairing but I guess 7 and 7s are a thing and that's kinda close. grapefruit soda and gin whips though

it's a whiskey sour, essentially

squirt is the best widely available soda mixer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

every summer I wish I could get a pint of lonkero

gin + soda is the ultimate hot weather cocktail. i went to college out in the ozarks and our walmart got sent a pallet of jarritos toronja once by accident. they didn't know wtf it was or what to do with it so I bought it for a quarter a bottle. we made palomas and drank it with gin for weeks, it owned

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought Belgian ale, a nice bottle of Merlot, and some more bourbon to get toasty as I finish Yak7 tonight

gently caress me that game drags in some parts but it loving delivers when it needs to

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
a tom collins earlier, now a cuba libre.

i'm not sold on bombay sapphire, but it's not terrible. plantation 3 star continues to be great value for money in everything i put it in.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

A neighbor brought over some giant rear end lemons from their tree so I made a bunch of whisky sours egg white and all

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
Made a mai tai. Orgeat is a pain in the rear end to make but this one drink is worth it.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Sarrisan posted:

Made a mai tai. Orgeat is a pain in the rear end to make but this one drink is worth it.

if youre a weirdo who has xanthan gum AND gum arabic lying around its p easy to make

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
coke with bullet bourbon tonight then gonna smoke da tobacco pipe later

freezingprocess
Mar 25, 2005

Vodka and pineapple & orange juice.

I am disallowing myself to drink anything good until I pass the loving Comptia A+ certification.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe in you, freezingprocess. you're gonna nail this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
olympia beer

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

NyQuil

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
guinness is good, college material

their foreign reserve(?) is tasty

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

having a rusty nail

good poo poo

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

having a rusty nail

good poo poo

its the one "legitimate" (by my arbitrary criteria) drink i just cannot bring myself to appreciate or enjoy at all. it's too loving sweet in the worst way. i cant do it

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

to me it's just a nice way to dress up meh scotch. throw some ice cubes in a glass, pour some drambuie pour some cheap scotch and boom something nice to sip on for a half hour

agreed it's sweet, but it mellows as it melts down

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

i once had a customer order a brandy alexander, then next a grasshopper, then next a white russian. the strange part is that it was a young woman and not an old man. my point is i'd rather drink all those and top it off with a pink squirrel than drink a rusty nail. i guess the real point is that insanely sweet drinks need dairy (golden cadillac? savoy snowball? checks out)

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

okay a white russian is dope but a grasshopper? over a rusty nail? wtf

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I have never had a brandy alexander but I do love me some brandy so I'll have to try that soon

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

eSports Chaebol posted:

i once had a customer order a brandy alexander, then next a grasshopper, then next a white russian. the strange part is that it was a young woman and not an old man. my point is i'd rather drink all those and top it off with a pink squirrel than drink a rusty nail. i guess the real point is that insanely sweet drinks need dairy (golden cadillac? savoy snowball? checks out)

was she from Wisconsin by chance

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

was she from Wisconsin by chance

i dont know but i can tell you that at least a dozen times i have had people from wisconsin order old fashioneds expecting brandy without specifying it despite being in chicago (i have learned the real question is ask is, "do you want that sweet?" and "yes/no" means theyre a cheesehead and "what?" means they arent)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

eSports Chaebol posted:

i dont know but i can tell you that at least a dozen times i have had people from wisconsin order old fashioneds expecting brandy without specifying it despite being in chicago (i have learned the real question is ask is, "do you want that sweet?" and "yes/no" means theyre a cheesehead and "what?" means they arent)

lol that's us

if you're in chicago, then no doubt she was a wisconsinite. all those ice cream cocktails are big here especially in supper clubs

a bunch were invented here, including the pink squirrel and blue tail fly at a cocktail lounge called Bryant's in Milwaukee

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I drank a bunch of whiskey and coke and then some lovely blue moons

good night

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Tried a bottle of Cutty Sark tonight...not bad? For $16 it’s way more palatable than JW Red or Dewars

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
miller high life

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

eSports Chaebol posted:

i did the opposite of this one time. i'm from Chicago and we were in Milwaukee for a bachelor party and ordered old fashioneds for everyone at a relatively fancy cigar bar. apparently brandy and sprite with a cherry is an old fashioned

anyway I picked up from the bar down the street from me that's just a neighborhood bar so they've been basically closed for 9 months and so I'm drinking their special which is Hamm's and old crow

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more evan williams and coke and hot drat this is making me nostalgic for the golden age of seattle mariners baseball

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

i dont often drink evan williams but it is hard to deny that it is the best quality/price value of all potables

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

did anyone mention yet that mount gay rum is also one of those hidden gems for cost:quality ratio? out here it's like 4 dollars more than plastic jug booze

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

more evan williams and coke and hot drat this is making me nostalgic for the golden age of seattle mariners baseball

This is the way

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
today is a very special day. i had a very early call and began to feel sleepy as the day progressed, so i procured for myself a doctor pepper which i am drinking now. very exciting

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Miller High Life

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bullet bourbon and coke this time. making ducking about in cyberpunk 2077 a ton of fun

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

im into the whisky now. alberta premium, best of the cheap poo poo here

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
4th coke zero and vodka (ketel one)

im also pretty high :hehe:

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
im watchin old sailor moon who else

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

amaretto and grocery store eggnog

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

im into the whisky now. alberta premium, best of the cheap poo poo here

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wound up with a 750ml bottle of Polish cherry cordial

its like cough syrup and I ran out of coke and holy poo poo it's not even getting me drunk

what a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

red wine, something cheap and Italian that I had bought months ago

was nice with pasta dinner tonight