Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

breadnsucc posted:

organizations suck because they always fall towards liberalism

lmao DSA spent the last four years promoting local candidates and none of them even made it past the primary (where i live)

WHAT A GREAT USE OF TIME AND MONEY

I think the issue is that we live in a culture/society where any organization of significant size tends to end up being managed/lead by people who are careerists in some way. There's essentially a job sector of "progressive political organizer" that will infect most left-leaning organizations.

I also think that the structure of our economy essentially makes it much more difficult for significant organizations to spring from labor, because it's not like most people are working in situations where they have a chance to form solidarity with large numbers of other workers, like in a factory or something.

I'm not really sure what can be done about any of this. It's important to be cognizant of the reality of left-branded organizations, but I'm not sure how to ensure organizations don't devolve into just another part of the "progressive activism sector."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU