Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

For a while the PixelFed guy was looking at making a Tumblr-esque frontend and I'm sad it got abandoned. Someone else was working on a federation plugin for WordPress and that got abandoned, too. I just wanna make my own blog instance to hang with my friends but also occasionally follow randos from elsewhere!! When will my federated dreams come true.

Right now I spend most of my time on cybre.space because I know the admins and they're chill. I like that if I change my mind I can just make my own instance and keep following all the same people from whatever dumbass url I want. But I'd like it better if I could post insufferably long poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

shoeberto posted:

You just reminded me that Plume exists!!!
https://joinplu.me/
I thought about standing an instance up but ended up just going for a simple Jekyll blog. But it looks like it's gotten pretty mature.

I was trying to keep up with Plume at first! It didn't see a lot of meaningful updates for a while, but it looks like the main instance has likes and reblogs now? I'll have to take a closer look to see if it's more like what I want. I know Write.as/Write freely was very popular but their whole thing was PURE WRITING EXPERIENCE, NO HEART BUTTONS, NO SHARING which uuuuuuh isn't really my thing. Let me spam my followers with everything I find remotely interesting or get out.