Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

How many episodes are in this season? It feels like it's been 4 episodes of very, very slow build-up. I don't need to see Detective OCD do his door-knocking thing 3 times in an episode. The characters he does it around seem to already know he's like that because they always insult him in some way for it.

That being said I'm curious to see how they tie Nurse Choke in with the mob somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

That being said I'm curious to see how they tie Nurse Choke in with the mob somehow.

Why did I say this? They already very much tied her in with the mob.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I don't watch a Fargo tv series hoping it will feel "natural."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

DaveKap posted:

So... did Orietta make the apple pie with ipecac on purpose or by accident?

Definitely on purpose. But the purpose isn't known aaand probably won't be known.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ballz posted:

She clearly looks down on the daughter and sees her being racially inferior. The fact that the daughter (i forget her name sorry) is extremely smart and not one to take Orietta’s bullshit lying down was reason enough to make the ipecac pie. Basically it was passive aggressive revenge.

This is a hella good take that I never even considered. It explains why every time Oraetta encounters Ethelrida (I had to look up this name) she makes a disparaging remark about her.

The names on this show are insane. No wonder I can't remember any of them.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- "If a man's pud needed a tug, would this be the place for said tuggin'?" I never thought we'd get a bonus season of Justified, but here we are. :perfect:

Goddammn that line was so good. Mormon Givens mostly annoyed me up to that point.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sorry, gonna double post here... but does anyone else think it's weird that Smart Girl met Nurse Ipecac for the first time at that funeral? If they're literally across the street from each other wouldn't they have met already? Or at least seen each other.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This episode was a little hard to follow. Kept jumping around like crazy. I'm hoping all of this build-up leads to something.

I'm currently imagining a movie entirely about Murdernurse who does all of her poo poo while there happens to be a mob war in town that is barely touched on until she eventually interacts with them in the 3rd act or omething.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A little bit I liked from that episode (8): Swanee tucking the Abba Zabba in her lip as if it were chewing tobacco right as they're about to start shootin'

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 9, 2020

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chris Rock's character has been in "angry as hell" mode since the Doctor Senator thing. The problem with that is the only angry acting face Rock has is squinty eyes and pursed lips.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Everyone in this season is Cannon Fadda.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The last episode is just gonna be Josto eating a piece of steak in the grossest possible zoom shot for 50 minutes.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Finally watched the last episode yesterday. Only 40 minutes long and it's like 90% just people being killed off. I mean I'd already read everything here including spoilers and I didn't expect it to be that weak of an ending. I guess Oraetta was the best part as usual.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Double post several days later. I'm watching Season 2 again, I never got far into it while it was airing, and I noticed something... do any of the previous seasons use the Fargo theme as much as Season 4 did? They play it a lot in the intro/outro of episodes in S4.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

night slime posted:

I remember reading the ending was just reused S2 footage from him going to the hotel to kill some old boss guy. They filmed other ending scenes but didn't use them, according to a Hawley interview.

It was absolutely reused S2 footage. I watched S2 shortly after 4 finished.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Y'just got a Twitter follow out of it so... there's that.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

"You appear to have played a Tommy Lee drum solo all over your Mrs' facade."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Taking the chance to post this thing that I did for some GBS thread

For the kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I still think about Lorne Malvo and wonder if the name came from the show likely being rated TV-MA LV.