Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

This season has just way too many characters. They really needed to consolidate a bunch of the side characters into three or four characters.

Dinosaurs! posted:

I really liked the first two seasons, but trailed off Season 3 after a couple episodes and didn’t get back to it. How’s that regarded? Worth finishing?

After the midpoint I was really engaged in Season 3 but the last episode felt really deflating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I'll have to rewatch the entire season when it finishes to confirm my theory is right but the child-swapping "tradition" being a load of bullshit that was just made up so an Irish pedophile could get his jollies off abusing his enemy's kid was not something I saw coming

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I was a little disappointed that Calamita and Rabbi were killed by force majeure but after thinking about it I guess the implication is that instead of Satchel, it's Mike Milligan that wakes up composed of the elements of both Rabbi and Calamita

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Mullitt posted:

Funny to me that the show starts with the Smutneys being what we assume will be the main characters and by the end they'll have hardly been in it.

I think this is my main issue with this season so far: there just hasn't been a compelling protagonist to get behind. Seasons 1 & 2 had the Solversons, a very likable family. Season 3 (which I should rewatch), Gloria felt underwritten but I could at least get behind Nikki. The Smutneys have been severely underwritten and outside of Rabbi - who everyone knew was doomed from the start - there's been no one to get attached to.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Even if the final episode wasn't rushed and hacked together, I doubt it would've been much better. This season just didn't come together at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I was worried when previews mentioned that this season was taking place during the Trump presidency, but it's not as obnoxiously up its rear end as I was dreading. First two episodes paint a promising picture.