Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i guess it's notable as the only season where the cops aren't the protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Jessie's the highlight for sure.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lister posted:

If you want an idea of how bad Chris Rock was, all you need to do is watch this clip. Seeing the same lines back-to-back with a bad actor then a good one really highlights it. Most people agree that episode 9 "East/West" is the best episode and it stands enough on its own that you can watch just that one and be fine skipping everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZiuSOmqXNU

Bokeem/Mike might be the best in the whole series, hard act to follow.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://x.com/DaveSFoley/status/1723034610416648356?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Whoever selects the music for this show just continues to nail it. Borderline unparalleled.

she's brilliant. been on the show since season 2 I think. she did the music selection for Legion as well. super deep musical knowledge.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/interview-with-maggie-phillips-music-supervisor-moonlight-fargo-legion/

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Problematic Pigeon posted:

lol the bad guy named Munch is a literal sin eater

ahh i figured he was another coen bros supernatural assassin guy lmao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
but they aren't simple minded country folk. that's the whole point. "minnesota nice"

like you're doing ME a favor...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i can help!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Dot probably doesn't want to merk someone in front of her family. in addition it would complicate her probably doomed attempts to hang on to her Normal life.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TraderStav posted:

It's been so long since I've seen the season, mind refreshing my memory who you're referring to?

"head in a bag. there's the message."

Hanzee has his face hosed up, gets plastic surgery, becomes the crime boss you see in the Chinese restaurant that gets killed by Malvo later.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
anyone else get this through amazon and not have the new episode show up yet?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

oh jay posted:

Morals and life lessons are best taught from a magical bowling alley.

Bowling alleys are like motor hotels, innately supernatural places. strange things happen.

Munch is a Chigurh remix i guess, he has Rules and if you violate the Rules you're hosed. old lady gave Munch hospitality and pancakes and Gator killed her. Gator is not long for the world.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Dot may remember it as being abandoned but I'm pretty sure Linda is dead as a doornail.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i feel like i can't judge until i watch the whole season like three times, Fargo likes to show me new things when i rewatch it, but i'd say it's better than 3+4.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's rough being a right hand man/consigliere in Fargo-land. not sure if dying or being lobotomized is worse.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
YES

the tiger is out

doubt we'll see Gator again. abandoned in the liminal nowhere space.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Roy namechecked a few.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i would boost that you should just watch it all in order. even at its worst its better than most crap.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i haven't had bisquick drop biscuits in a long time. might have to whip a batch. i like the texture, like a little rocky crag made of bread.

good season. "aces!"-Lorne Malvo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

tetrapyloctomy posted:

He's doing an Alien prequel series?!

yup. set on Earth.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i saw a reddit post with a guy saying he played an FBI guy and there were scenes shot of guys getting blasted. guess they decided to go another way.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

limp dick calvin posted:

I would like to watch every movie featuring Sam Spruell now

him and Juno. i haven't seen anything with her in it before i do not believe.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Wafflecopper posted:

If helping to perpetuate unjust systems was an issue for her, she wouldn’t have been a cop in the first place

it's a fantastical tv show show during which we all agree to suspend our disbelief for a little while and believe there is such a thing as a "good cop."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nameless Pete posted:

Edit: Or a series of instructional YouTube videos where Nikki Swango teaches how to play bridge.

i could use it. that stuff looks complicated.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

thehoodie posted:

i forgot how visceral season 3 is. between varga's eating disorder and the guy who got crushed by the ac unit, really plays up the body horror

only just finished ep5 on my rewatch but i think s3 is still my favourite

also the bit where Nikki gets beat half to death. hurts just to look at it.