Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm catching up with the show and I was really confused why state police just brutally raided the funeral home without a warrant or explanation. Then I remembered that this is 1950s Missouri and the home belongs to black people and police could just do whatever they wanted with black people :doh:

Overall I'm not really feeling this season, but maybe it gets better. I mean, Oraetta is a pretty good villain, but she's no V.M. Varga. Varga was one of the best villains in TV history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hell yeah, I binged through s5 and it's really fantastic. Especially the ending.

Old Munch is such a great character. Jon Hamm is also fantastic in this. His natural charisma made me constantly anticipate some redeeming qualities or redemption arc for him, but it never came. He's just a very charming piece of poo poo.

All the little references to No Country for Old Men were also really fun(Jon Hamm's monologue, the tracker signal receiver, Munch's hairstyle, etc.). Although I can't really see any coherent examination or rebuttal of the movie's themes. It all seems just like random easter eggs.

e: also, Munch talks about reaching the Americas on a ship with rowers. But he left Britain in the 16th century, when IIRC rowers were no longer used on the Atlantic route. Is it supposed to be a hint that his story is made up?

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 8, 2024