Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

TraderStav posted:

Yeah, that's a big loss. On the other hand Chris Rock's line about getting a 'mmmhmmm' was perfection.

Funny line but overall I really feel Rock's performance is a huge dud compared to main actors on previous seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'm really enjoying Chris Rock, I especially liked the scene between him and Odis during the raid where he kept his cool but was still able to demonstrate his power/knowledge and just how strong his position actually is that he - a black man in the 1950s - is able to effectively talk poo poo to a cop with a gun on him. I love how it is counterparted with him blowing his stack at home with his family and having to scream and yell to get his way.
Oh, I think the part is perfectly well written. I just feel that Rock - for all his charisma in other settings - was cast in a role that doesn't play to his strengths and that his performance comes across as rigid and self-serious. Especially compared to the guy portraying Doctor Senator.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

Overall I'm not really feeling this season, but maybe it gets better. I mean, Oraetta is a pretty good villain, but she's no V.M. Varga. Varga was one of the best villains in TV history

To be honest, now that Senator is gone I find myself not really connecting with anyone except Rabbi Milligan and Mormon Raylan Givens

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 2, 2020

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Ballz posted:

The spooky ghost aka that weird supernatural element that pops up for five seconds every other episode.

I'm pretty sure the supernatural element that's going to tie this whole season together are the extensive farting and puking sequences

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
easily best episode of the season so far

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Pizza Segregationist posted:

I like Oraetta as a character a lot, and I like the drums on the soundtrack this season. But I have had a hard time getting immersed when Chris Rock is on the screen. Maybe I’m just too used to him as a comedian but I have never felt the intimidating presence I feel like the show wants to project from him. The shootout at the train station was shocking though, I did not expect the massacre or for Odis to start murdering people. My least favorite season so far but I’m still engrossed

Yeah, for a guy with so much charisma IRL it sure doesn't carry into much of an on-screen presence here; especially compared to guys like Doctor Senator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Last two episodes tricked me into thinking the whole season wasn't going to feel like a huge waste of my time