Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Literally can't figure out who I want to kill more, Lorraine or Roy.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was worried we were gonna be spending too much time with this woman's shelter and that it was gonna be an overload of vanilla feelings stuff which is good and all given Dot's issues, but these kinds of mini stories have a tendency to stall plot progression. But drat, that changed quick!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Gator is just the most magical little man.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Gator is an obnoxious idiot and Lorraine is one hell of a calculating bitch, but holy poo poo and do I mean holy poo poo does Roy need to be put in a body bag several times over.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
drat, they pulled off an "It was all just a dream," type twist and didn't make me hate it. Well done.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The after credits previews has Roy amassing his militia boys and even Lorraine looks flustered. I'm guessing when all looks lost Ole Munch is going to soundly put them in their place.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It's plausible that people like Danish, who are used to getting their way by using the legal system and throwing money and conventional threats at their problems, are incapable of fully understanding the dangers posed by bullies like "Constitutional sheriffs" (and insurrectionists, militias, the MAGA movement, etc.) who are quick to resort to violence and are convinced they are right no matter what due to a twisted reading of the Bible. This whole season, I've seen Roy as an allegory for MAGA and Trump, compared to Lorraine and Danish being the previous kind of economic conservative, struggling to adapt to what they're up against.

I wouldn't even call it an allegory, he is that outright. This season takes place in 2019 when Trump was still in power and in the second episode when the two FBI agents initially tried to go after Roy with full force, their boss wimped out on virtue that the fucker is head of some of the largest militias in the midwest. Never mind that they're the FBI, no, they're going to kowtow and cower before him even though he's clearly corrupt. Though the scary thing is that Roy's inspiration in the form of Trump and MAGA renegades were preceded by the likes of Ammon Bundy and that whole takeover.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'll have to also say I'm disappointed that Lorraine got way too much of a redemption arc without earning it. I was hoping this episode would end with Dot getting free, and then in the final one, it's all about Lorraine again and she pulls something really lovely, as she had been acting for the rest of the reason. And yeah, people bitching about mentioning Trump in even the slightest fashion is hilarious. This season takes place in 2019, what the gently caress were you expecting?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So wait, you're telling me that when Carla Jean ran into Chigurh at the end of No Country, that she could have just played coy with his coin toss and just offered him some food and all would have gone well?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

him and Juno. i haven't seen anything with her in it before i do not believe.

She had a minor rear end role in Dark Knight Rises. She was Catwoman's BFF. And holy gently caress does she look different compared to back then. When I saw her in this one I was like, "Wait, that's her?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah, Lorraine is a bitch, but at the end of the day, she goes against Roy so she's a good bitch. Even though she's still in the same lovely business she was in when the show started and has the same kind of rotten character, we're supposed to forgive her for her obnoxious debut and everything she stands for. This season was a good one but they really missed the mark when it came to handling someone so transparently evil.

Like the dude she ruined. He was literally being threatened with death by Roy and she goes and ruins his entire family because of it. The guy probably wasn't an angel if only because he's an old bastard who frequents strip clubs, but he was put in a compromising situation. Don't even get me started on how she had Danish sock her son in the face because he wasn't tough enough or whatever.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 6, 2024