Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

roomtone posted:

Well, yeah. There isn't. I think they knew this because the show had done a hard cut to black several times already by that point. It is adding more angles onto the ending, so there's more to think about. I didn't think Munch was actually going to shoot Dot, but I think he thought he might before he walked in that house.

fair but also season 3 already very explicitly subverted the idea of an epilogue in one of the best moments of the show so the bets are kinda off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

power and ideology is at the end always second to capital

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i don't think the show would've had plenty of scenes of people's lives being ruined or ending due to debt if it wanted us to cheer for lorraine. i don't think the final confrontation would've been about how it's your moral imperative to forgive debts if that was the case.

i've been thinking a bit lately about the scene where wayne is back to work after getting zapped and he gives the car away to the family because the rules of capitalism don't make sense to him at that moment. it is played for laughs and it is quite funny but i still think it's one of the more important scenes to the thematic essence of the season.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

also the scene where the italian boss accidentally shoot's himself in the head after he finally makes up with schwartzman's character is also really funny

watho
Aug 2, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

also the bit where Nikki gets beat half to death. hurts just to look at it.

also can't forget the scene with the handcuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i think the way the shootout was presented was good at putting us in dot's head of having a complete and total panic attack