Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

DaveKap posted:

In the words of Munch, immediately before being interrupted by Scotty, "A man... has a code.

Hot drat. Just reading through this thread, and it is all very interesting, but this has to be the worst misheard-lyrics-thing I ever made. Just before, Dot has Wayne take his coat. So I heard him, faltering and mumbling, protest about this "A man... has a coat." Especially with his funky diction I didn't think this was weird because I took the entire scene as the three of them systematically derobing him of his affectations, ending at the core of him, eating love instead of sin, thus entirely undoing him as the unstoppable force so thematic to the works of the Coen Brothers.

Also feel like Witt and Danish died due to the same thing: lack of fear for a cornered animal. They were unafraid for diametrically opposed reasons, but equally foolish to be so none the less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

ChesterJT posted:

Exactly. Witt died because of fear. Danish died because of a lack of it.

Rewatched it and have to disagree. I see a man who is trying his hardest not to needlessly kill someone who he is arresting. His voice is steady, his actions are decisive, he faces danger head on without blinking. He does not like what is happening and has a clear idea of what might happen if he persists but does so with only the slightest trepidation and hesitation. I feel he does this every time throughout the series when he is faced with overwhelming intimidation: he is unflinching and unrelenting in doing what is right. I do not see him as afraid but as someone who is gentle and does not put any negative emotions in his words or even the violence he has to use. I see that gentleness as the cause of his death.