Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DaveKap posted:

So... did Orietta make the apple pie with ipecac on purpose or by accident?

She clearly looks down on the daughter and sees her being racially inferior. The fact that the daughter (i forget her name sorry) is extremely smart and not one to take Orietta’s bullshit lying down was reason enough to make the ipecac pie. Basically it was passive aggressive revenge.

I don’t think Orietta was trying to kill the girl, just make her sick, even if it meant getting the rest of the family sick in the process.

Of course I’m sure that’s gonna change after this latest episode when she finds the girl’s notebook in a place where it shouldn’t be...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I don't remember past seasons of Fargo being so Coen Brothers self-referential, aside from the actual movie Fargo, of course. Treehorn Trucking is a nice subtle nod that I don't mind, but the Outlaws straight up re-enacting Raising Arizona kind of took me out of it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Milo and POTUS posted:

They had tons of little references throughout them :psyduck:

I haven't seen the previous seasons in a few years so maybe I just forgot them all. :shrug:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

PizzaProwler posted:

Watching Otis pinball between the two warring gangs was really funny to me, but I definitely laughed about it with some guilt. That dude is unbelievably screwed.

Home from the war and still having to navigate mine fields.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Hey, who was hiding in the coffin?

The spooky ghost aka that weird supernatural element that pops up for five seconds every other episode.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

mary had a little clam posted:

So, is next episode the finale? Feels like they are going to have to pack a LOT in...

11 episodes this season so two left.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

So what was up with the coughing bandaged dude and his ummm... assistant.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DaveKap posted:

I'm really enjoying these first two episodes so far but have 3 stupid problems I'll throw into spoilers since folks are probably just starting up on it:

1: If this is 2019, why is it a problem that the sheriff deleted the photo from the cop's phone? She has a department she reports to... just ask them to SMS the photo again. Seems like an incredibly silly contrivance that she just doesn't have the photo anymore because this dillweed deleted it off her local drive.

I work in local news and as someone who regularly interacts with police PIOs I can assure you that many of them barely know how to email a picture, let alone think of ways to recover deleted images from their phones.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Exodor posted:

Loved the callback to a similar scene in Raising Arizona.

Hoping they find a way to work in someone describing some clothing as having “yodas and poo poo” on them.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Y'all saw that face when Roy was in the bunker right before meeting Munch and Gator right? It was there for like a second and it superimposed on Roy's and I was like oh poo poo oh gently caress oh poo poo

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Seasons 1 and 2 are widely considered the best, with 3 being solid as well. Season 4 isn’t bad but definitely uneven, hampered primarily by a woefully miscast lead character played by Chris Rock.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The Grumbles posted:

Isn't she doing like a New Orleans accent? I'm not from the USA but I assumed it was some kind of southern belle type deal.

Definitely not southern/New Orleans. I think it was meant to be a take on the trans-Atlantic accent that rich SOBs used in the late 19th/early 20th centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Doppelganger posted:

Oh for sure, you don’t get Danish’s job if you can’t make things happen. I was more referring to how he ignores the call from his boss Lorraine before going to see Roy on his own. He’s absolutely cowboying up to try and save Dorothy, and it is his undoing.

In a way he does inadvertently save Dorothy because his arrival disrupts whatever Roy would’ve ended up doing to her in that moment.