Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought it was funny the older Fadda brother revealed they killed communists for the fascists in the war, then the fascists turned around and burned their poo poo down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Sorry, gonna double post here... but does anyone else think it's weird that Smart Girl met Nurse Ipecac for the first time at that funeral? If they're literally across the street from each other wouldn't they have met already? Or at least seen each other.

Nurse lady’s probably new to the area what with her being a prolific serial killer who knows how to blackmail her former employers into giving her good referrals. Seems like a trait someone who has to move frequently would employ.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Connellingus posted:

Was Antoon Dumini (the guy who almost shot Satchel but decided against it before being killed by Rabbi Milligan in Episode 6) prominently featured in any previous episodes? I can see him in the cast list for other episodes, but didn't recognize him. I thought his story arc and performance in the most recent episode had strong elements of tragic irony, but might have hit harder if we had seen more of him earlier on.
I can recall feeling like Season 2 might have leaned into this more heavily than the rest. Nick Offerman's character was essentially a smarter version of Walter Sobchak, right down to hanging out in a bowling alley with a Donny type.

What did Sonny say his nickname was in Vietnam? I think that was my favorite detail from s2. Almost everyone fought in nam and knew what the other was talking about when reflecting on war.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How Wonderful! posted:

Joe Bulo shows up in the most recent episode, standing silently in the background of a scene. He's the guy sent from New York to "help" the Faddas.

I was wondering why that name sounded familiar.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

timp posted:

I’m curious what everyone thinks about all the Drumline music being used in the soundtrack. Do you like it? Does it set the mood well? Does it seem out of place?

I like it. Makes it feel like the drums of war.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Break her down to the basics. She’s a white woman in a position of authority who abuses her power in the form of murdering her patients and stealing from their corpses. She’s sloppy at covering her tracks and one of her earliest scenes she’s called out and busted by her employer, but she uses her knowledge of the system to blackmail her boss who ends up writing her a glowing review for a new job opportunity. From what we can deduce about her past, it’s a pattern she’s well versed in which means she’s gotten away with it on multiple occasions, despite leaving clues behind.

No marshals are after her, no manhunts warranted. She’s the faceless form of the every day evil ignored within western culture.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I think the music playing as the kid was coming out of the building at the end was similar to the music Princess Mombi’s playing in Return to Oz.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ballz posted:

So what was up with the coughing bandaged dude and his ummm... assistant.

I thought it was the same actor who played the Irish mob boss for a second.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mameluke posted:

all this "satchel is mike milligan" guff will be cleared up when satchel wears his I'm Not Mike Milligan tshirt in the finale

Maybe it’s like Madmen and he (Madmen spoilers for Jerusalem since I know he’s rewatching it) assumes the identity of a dead man.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Haha I was skimming the thread and read “being Richard Harrow again” and closed the thread immediately since I hadn’t seen the episode, but I assumed the poster meant being a sharpshooting badass, not silly mcbilly.

I just finished Mr. Mercedes s2 and Jack Huston popped up in that show too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Josto doesn’t have a son, Zero is his brother. I think he’s still in the hands of Chris Rock and them.

Was Gaetano’s last scene a reference to another Coen bros movies? The only time I ever saw that happen to someone was in Out Of Sight, but I don’t think that had a Coen connection.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DogsInSpace! posted:

Texas size ten four. That final scene with him in the car made me sad again. Poor Mike... thought he would become a king and ends up generic employee in a cube farm.

Was that last shot him heading to his office job? If so, then yeah, it felt like the end to a requiem for Mike’s character.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

She was pouring motor oil and yeah, it was to make the guy slip but it just didn’t work. The prophetic dream reminded me of Raising Arizona and the lady cop’s husband reminded me of Brad Pitt’s character in Burn After Reading.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I know the reason they did was because it makes for better dramatic television but it irked me that she didn’t just shoot the guy while he was knocked out and the cop just stood there out of cover when he was in front of the gas station.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

I remembered her reddish brown hair in Hateful 8 (literally the only thing I know her from)

WHAT

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lmao

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Every time I see the name Munch I keep thinking I missed a Richard Belzer cameo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I kinda wish I didn’t watch the season preview they showed after the first episode, it gave away too much.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was that true about guy ballerinas being called ballerinos?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I must be pretty dense because I didn’t realize the woman’s commune stuff was supposed to be a dream until after I watched and then read this thread.

Also thank god I was wrong because I thought it was JLL who the sin eater was going to axe because of the dang “this season on” teaser.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

How’d he get the eyepatch? Shot in the eye with a rubber band?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chris Rock was probably the worst miscast of the entire series.

I was rewatching The Counselor the other day and I forgot the actor for Munch showed up in that in a similar role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLWU4rb4X8