Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Watched the first couple of episodes and it hasn't really grabbed me the way early episodes did in the previous 3 seasons, but I'll probably end up watching the whole series through regardless at some point. I will say that Jessie Buckley, who I was previously unfamiliar with before S4, is my new celebrity crush (:allears:); and I am looking forward to seeing what Mormon Raylan Givens gets up to in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Dinosaurs! posted:

The first half of this season has really dragged for me. They spent a couple episodes too many putting the pieces in place. I hope it picks up.

I really liked the first two seasons, but trailed off Season 3 after a couple episodes and didn’t get back to it. How’s that regarded? Worth finishing?

I enjoyed S3 quite a bit, I'd definitely say it's worth revisiting.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Brigadier Sockface posted:

That was a very disappointing season. Completely flat.

As someone who eagerly devoured seasons 1, 2, and 3, I watched the first two episodes of s4...and basically kept up with the rest via recaps and this thread. Just couldn't work up any enthusiasm to watch the rest.

That said, Jessie Buckley though :allears:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Season 4 at least had the good point of introducing a lot of people who were previously unfamiliar with her (such as myself) to Jessie Buckley. That lady has all the potential to be an absolute megastar. :allears:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It has great actors, a really solid premise, and some incredible characters. But it never really coalesces the way the other seasons do and feels really clunky. Chris Rock is pretty bad in it, which is a shame cause he's one of the pillars of the season. Still worth a watch, there's still some really memorable episodes in there.

I liked Jessie Buckley as the insane nurse, but even so I bounced off S4 after the first few episodes. It just didn't grab me the way the first three seasons had.