Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i guess noah hawley said s5 was just "a few lines" removed from the movie, ive been trying to figure out what he means by that but im coming up empty.

like, there's the wife getting kidnapped but it's for completely different reasons, maybe that's what he meant tho. have you guys noticed anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i like jon hamms character, he's so detestable in a way that seems different from the usual bad guys on the show. but really this season has a lotta great characters

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

having it so the only thing tillman can quip is a S11 simpsons joke is the most gator he's been

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

probably something like the eyepatch guy at the gun shop

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

this is probs one of the most brutal seasons of fargo imo. that scene jeez

veepfake fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 10, 2024

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

gently caress!

I need to know what happens!

i mean it's not like a crazy scene but just seemed hosed to me

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i thought it made sense for lorraine to call Tillman the orange one, and it makes her kinda like tillman that the best she can do is quip stuff from tv

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

lol i weirdly like lorraine she loves her family but has trouble trusting people. she has this like, sensitive side for women who are victims of abuse and she loves her family, even if she's like kinda cold and heartless sometimes lol. shes like this person drunk on the conservative koolaid but this humanity peeks through randomly. tillman makes her look like a saint

e: ya so far im thinking my fave fargo seasons are 2 > 1 > 5 ≥ 3 and i havent seen 4 yet

veepfake fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jan 12, 2024

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

ya 2's great, watch 1 too. 2 is a complicated plot, 3 and 5 are a lot more on the nose, kinda disappointing compared to the first couple seasons but the characters and ideas are still good

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

that was a cool season

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

yeah that last ep made this season

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

This was by far the worst season of Fargo, I hope they stop with this one.

compooter broke won't turn on ??

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

still been thinking about those last 20 minutes today, im thinking i might like this season more than 1

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i kinda like how they rushed through that part, like the fight and the ranch characters didn't matter and are forgotten. i guess even witt too. but yeah the weakest was how they handled indira and yeah maybe witt

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

lorraine sucks but she could be a lot worse, like Roy. at least she gets a person besides her deserves protection. it's like the difference btwn trump and mitt romney

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

there might have been some ego, it's hard to say. but i think what he offered tillman shows at least some respect for tillman's dignity, like, that's why he recognizes the point of leverage. he just doesn't get 'dignity' means something else to tillman

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

The Grumbles posted:

Yes, this. It's realpolitik vs fanaticism. Things tipping over where real violence wins against political violence

Although it is true that is a class subtext there for sure - the bureaucrat who moves within abstract/implied power structures vs the straight shootin' man of the clay, which also satisfyingly fits in with the show and film's preoccupation with 'minnesota nice' as a concept.
Not that Tillman is really straight shootin', obviously.

yep totally

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Lorraine is a terrible person all the way through, she's a billionaire laughing at the debts of the poor. She does multiple terrible things during the season. She just doesn't face any repercussions from her actions.

There's a bit of a redemption arc with her accepting Dot as her daughter in law, but otherwise she's just a bad person all the way through.

she's redeemed? maybe she's a little more open minded, but i don't think the show says much if anything about her actions. if anything, the show says she loses a trustworthy friend likely because david foley isn't sure about her