Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Sindai posted:

This show does a remarkable job of juggling its plot lines, but there's one thing I think I missed: where's the facility with the kaiju trying to climb out of the giant red dust well? Is that the one in India they keep referencing?

The show is deliberately obfuscating things to preserve the mystery, but that's my assumption. Creepy grey-haired guy having an Indian roommate (?) and Indian furniture points to it if nothing else.

Also, (ep 8) hype for Godzilla finally showing up and Jet Jaguar coming fully on-line! It shocked the hell out of me when Godzilla blew the gently caress out of Tokyo like that. They really underplayed the damage afterwards.

I'm not too big on Godzilla lore, but is it possible that the super calculator is actually OG Godzilla's skull just like King Gadorah's skull was used as a super computer in Kong vs Godzilla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Y'all Jet Jaguar is SO COOL

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh hey, two new eps out of nowhere...

Hogama posted:

Y'all Jet Jaguar is SO COOL

This is my take on this situation as well.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Those little Megalon crabs are chock-full of blue-slime Hedorah.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

cave emperor posted:

That's the fansubs I've been using, and they've been fine. Not that I'd really be able to notice mistranslations given how dense the techobabble in this show is, but I haven't spotted any glaring grammatical errors at least.

On the topic of technobabble, I feel like this is one of the few shows that does it really well. I'm not a fan of dense exposition in most cases, but SP throws its (undoubtably bullshit) science at the viewers at such a high pace and with such style and confidence that it becomes an art of its own. The constant theorizing is never visually boring, and the writer clearly put a lot of thought into every aspect.

Show's good, is what I'm saying.

The fun part is that none of what’s been explained is fiction, it’s just higher level math and physics. Archetype just happens to be written in away that allows you to pull off fantastic things because that’s how crazy things get at higher dimensional and quantum physics tier science. Toh Enjoe is a loving mad lad for making one of the hardest science fiction shows out of a series like Godzilla.

I’m just glad I’m friends with people who actually know what the show is trying to reference and explain.

The real downside is that even the Netflix sub downplays some of the science. But even still this is a hella refreshing show.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah G:SP is becoming one of my favorites of the franchise and legit one of the best sci-fi shows made. THIS is the kind of content I've been desiring for years.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nephthys posted:

The show is deliberately obfuscating things to preserve the mystery, but that's my assumption. Creepy grey-haired guy having an Indian roommate (?) and Indian furniture points to it if nothing else.

That's his daughter, by the way. Should have been obvious how she's much younger and worries about him eating dinner at home.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Show doesn't belabor many character details but I thought it was clear enough from her introduction.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Thanks for clarifying. I'm going to blame that on bad subs probably definitely being the culprit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love that the idea that the future is uncertain and ever changing and thus impossible to accurately decipher just did NOT occur to these big brains

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

It's like they've never even read Dune. :rolleyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: Episode 9 opening scene-

Holy poo poo!!!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 19, 2021

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Not a big fan of snake head Godzilla. The front is ok, but the profile is hideous.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I really like it because it’s loving horrifying. I am excited to really see the full reveal of the “atomic” breath next episode (not just the build up) and hopefully the explanation of how it exists. I’ve been loving the science talk. Also, Professor Li :ohdear:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

loving hell I need a few of these to paint.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it doesn't look much like previous versions of godzilla, but i totally buy this one as the apocalypse beast that will end the world.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Godzilla Terrestris seems based on Edo period art once again.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a rundown of all the references/homages in the end credits of Godzilla: Singular Point. None of them are related to the show so there's no spoilers here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P0ziULrDlo

They just announced the official global release date is June 24

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
BB is such a whimsical name for this guy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ep 10:

He's growing up :allears:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: episode 10-

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love the "wait that's it?" fake out with the first breath.

Judging from the conversation of recombined snippets this story is going to be resolved by, as is traditional, shooting Godzilla full of science.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 27, 2021

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

loving hell I need a few of these to paint.

After getting Jet Jaguar and GodzillaUltima I stopped myself from buying more or else I'd just want all of them. Now I think I want one of each Godzilla form

EDIT: Not sure if they need spoilers but doing it just to be safe

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 27, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:sickos:
S.H. Monsterarts reveal of Godzilla Ultima with to-scale Jet Jaguar! Pre orders open now on the Premium Bandai Japan site.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Puffed vest goji

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1400720759870214145?s=20
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1400720845052342274?s=20

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
jet jaguar peepee

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I hope I'm not the only one for a reveal that the big dumb snakeface Godzilla is, in fact, an imposter. He's got villain face, y'all.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Plek posted:

I hope I'm not the only one for a reveal that the big dumb snakeface Godzilla is, in fact, an imposter. He's got villain face, y'all.

Gozilla is not nice.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Plek posted:

It's GODZILLA, he's a villain like half the time anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
godzilla's only the hero when there is a worse monster for him to fight. and uh, i don't see any competitors for this version around.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think the odds are pretty high Jet Jaguar grows Godzilla-sized for the finale.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Shin Godzilla was straight-up demonic.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Darth Walrus posted:

Shin Godzilla was straight-up demonic.

I prefer to think of it as an Eldritch Horror or Old God.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sindai posted:

I think the odds are pretty high Jet Jaguar grows Godzilla-sized for the finale.

As soon as they revealed that Dr Lee has access to a special material that defies regular physics and Mei is the only one who really understands it it was pretty much inevitable

E: my crazy unsupported fan theory is that if li'l bitty Jet Jaguar figures out how to grow to Godzilla-size then so should Mei's little robot assistant Pelops 2 .......... who will turn into MOGUERA

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 7, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

godzilla's only the hero when there is a worse monster for him to fight. and uh, i don't see any competitors for this version around.

I mean, he's a bigger rear end in a top hat than the Mutos in a lot of ways, and he was still the protagonist there.

Godzilla varies from film to film, but he's sometimes outright heroic, and often just kind of pissed at everyone rather than evil. It's pretty much a coinflip what you're dealing with.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Godzilla is always in the right, especially when humans think he's a villain. :colbert:

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Hey they can kick trashcans over in Tokyo as much as they'd like but I should have been clearer; snakigator face isn't so much villainous as it is generically villainous. It's a mook's face. The face of a monster that's gonna get torn off, caved in, or fried off to highlight the real monster.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched Mothra vs. Godzilla yesterday and he was definitely the villain in that. It was funny seeing him wailing about when the baby Mothras were biting the poo poo out of his tail though, good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Plek posted:

Hey they can kick trashcans over in Tokyo as much as they'd like but I should have been clearer; snakigator face isn't so much villainous as it is generically villainous. It's a mook's face. The face of a monster that's gonna get torn off, caved in, or fried off to highlight the real monster.

it's a 1 cour show. i don't think another godzilla is going to show up now.