Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The first episode has been subbed and it's pretty interesting. Clearly Godzilla has happened before but for some reason nobody remembers it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I assumed they're going to take apart those cranes they conveniently just got to give it new arms and legs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's pretty interesting. I guess the kaiju are coming from a universe that operates under different rules.

Astonishingly, until seeing the ED I never realized Godzilla backwards is all iz dog.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

goblin week posted:

Good lord this is such an eggheaded anime
I love it. Hash functions being a key part of an episode. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This show does a remarkable job of juggling its plot lines, but there's one thing I think I missed: where's the facility with the kaiju trying to climb out of the giant red dust well? Is that the one in India they keep referencing?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I love the "wait that's it?" fake out with the first breath.

Judging from the conversation of recombined snippets this story is going to be resolved by, as is traditional, shooting Godzilla full of science.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 27, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think the odds are pretty high Jet Jaguar grows Godzilla-sized for the finale.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I liked Mei's infinity ouroboros shirt at the end.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 16, 2021

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
ANN got an interesting interview with the director and writer: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2021-06-23/the-science-of-kaiju-with-the-director-and-writer-of-godzilla-singular-point/.173773

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
IIRC Jet Jaguar PP was able to finish the code that let the diagonalizer phase-shift all the archetype particles on Earth into a harmless state (blue crystals.) The bombs they were using to temporarily stop the India kaiju with red crystals were imperfect versions of the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

That bonkers scene from Totally Spies played extremely straight and representing an existentialist threat.
What scene?