Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I finally caught up to the show and man this is a keeper. It's certainly a slow build up but that's making it more interesting than if it was a flat out disaster series. Seeing the situation slowly getting worse while people are trying to manage it is really engaging and I can't wait to see poo poo really start to hit the fan.

And yeah, it's great that it's so far mostly about a bunch of scientists trying to figure out how these impossible things are happening and spitballing about theoretical physics.

Most importantly though, I really love Mei's constant grumpy pout. It's such a small thing but it seriously adds a huge amount of character to someone who could just be a generic smart person. This series knows how to add something to a character to make them memorable and you love to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Sindai posted:

This show does a remarkable job of juggling its plot lines, but there's one thing I think I missed: where's the facility with the kaiju trying to climb out of the giant red dust well? Is that the one in India they keep referencing?

The show is deliberately obfuscating things to preserve the mystery, but that's my assumption. Creepy grey-haired guy having an Indian roommate (?) and Indian furniture points to it if nothing else.

Also, (ep 8) hype for Godzilla finally showing up and Jet Jaguar coming fully on-line! It shocked the hell out of me when Godzilla blew the gently caress out of Tokyo like that. They really underplayed the damage afterwards.

I'm not too big on Godzilla lore, but is it possible that the super calculator is actually OG Godzilla's skull just like King Gadorah's skull was used as a super computer in Kong vs Godzilla?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Thanks for clarifying. I'm going to blame that on bad subs probably definitely being the culprit.