Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1381783170782138369?s=20

So it’s really gonna be the most pointless Netflix Jail huh? The other fan subs (which release a week after the episode airs) might actually be finished like a day before depending on when they decide to finally release the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

cave emperor posted:

That's the fansubs I've been using, and they've been fine. Not that I'd really be able to notice mistranslations given how dense the techobabble in this show is, but I haven't spotted any glaring grammatical errors at least.

On the topic of technobabble, I feel like this is one of the few shows that does it really well. I'm not a fan of dense exposition in most cases, but SP throws its (undoubtably bullshit) science at the viewers at such a high pace and with such style and confidence that it becomes an art of its own. The constant theorizing is never visually boring, and the writer clearly put a lot of thought into every aspect.

Show's good, is what I'm saying.

The fun part is that none of what’s been explained is fiction, it’s just higher level math and physics. Archetype just happens to be written in away that allows you to pull off fantastic things because that’s how crazy things get at higher dimensional and quantum physics tier science. Toh Enjoe is a loving mad lad for making one of the hardest science fiction shows out of a series like Godzilla.

I’m just glad I’m friends with people who actually know what the show is trying to reference and explain.

The real downside is that even the Netflix sub downplays some of the science. But even still this is a hella refreshing show.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

To be fair, Ashihara literally had the Showa Era Mad Scientist background. A scientist shunned by his peers that disappears while pursuing his subject. It really shouldn’t be a surprise he returns with a mechagodzilla. But how about a robot daughter?