Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's like his upper jaw is regular Godzilla but his lower jaw is that of an alligator or crocodile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I was a little surprised by the Gregor Samsa reference myself.

I'm curious about where this is going. So far I'm more into this than I was with Urobuchi's animated take.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I normally don't think much of writers that come from STEM backgrounds, but I think EnJoe's writing here has honestly been pretty good so far. Like it compares favorably to the work of someone like Shane Carruth to me (Beyond fact that that dude turned out to be lovely abuser), whose characters are so much more lifeless than the ones here. The science-y discussions actually flow well here too and feel cleanly integrated into the narrative, and not something that just fills time or pointlessly obfuscates the story or basic character motivations (Which is how Primer often felt to me).

Like worst thing I can say about Godzilla SP is that the literary references are a bit on the nose, but even those are recurring enough that they might be part of some kind of thematic statement the show ends up making.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 1, 2021

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched Mothra vs. Godzilla yesterday and he was definitely the villain in that. It was funny seeing him wailing about when the baby Mothras were biting the poo poo out of his tail though, good stuff.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The PP stands for Pelos Two, right? Pelos Pelos?