Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah G:SP is becoming one of my favorites of the franchise and legit one of the best sci-fi shows made. THIS is the kind of content I've been desiring for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: Episode 9 opening scene-

Holy poo poo!!!

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 19, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I really like it because it’s loving horrifying. I am excited to really see the full reveal of the “atomic” breath next episode (not just the build up) and hopefully the explanation of how it exists. I’ve been loving the science talk. Also, Professor Li :ohdear:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

loving hell I need a few of these to paint.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Godzilla Terrestris seems based on Edo period art once again.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: episode 10-

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:sickos:
S.H. Monsterarts reveal of Godzilla Ultima with to-scale Jet Jaguar! Pre orders open now on the Premium Bandai Japan site.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Plek posted:

I hope I'm not the only one for a reveal that the big dumb snakeface Godzilla is, in fact, an imposter. He's got villain face, y'all.

Gozilla is not nice.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Darth Walrus posted:

Shin Godzilla was straight-up demonic.

I prefer to think of it as an Eldritch Horror or Old God.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I vote we replace 'elephant in the room' with 'Godzilla in the basement'.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Im going to cry for Jet Jaguar in the final episode, aren’t I? :(

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

You should spoiler all of that, honestly

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Final episode talk: Holy poo poo, that was a wild ride. I completely love the style of the entire series. It seemed a little rushed towards the end, but that kind of added to the overall feeling of impending doom. JJPP (PP? What am I missing?) was great- and I loved how he went. Going back and watching the first few episodes after 12 it finally dawned on me that the children's voices at the beginning of the episodes were Pelops II's timeline branches talking with each other.

So it's interesting that it seems like Godzilla has gone back to it's dimension (or perhaps time slipped and died in the past?), but that Selunga was impaled yet again and looks drat dead this time, but it's body is still here. I would have liked to have seen more scenes from around the world where the Archetype red dust had been accumulating as well. All the Radons seemed to have disappeared also, just as the giant shadow Radon did a couple episodes ago. So since they dimension slipped as the final solution to prevent the catastrophe, there of course is the open possibility for the sequel, especially with that after credits scene.

I don't know if there will be a sequel series, but I sure hope there is one eventually. At the same time maybe it will go to a Toho produced manga or series of books.

Now I want to buy a UHD set.

Non-spoiler: there is a scene after the end credits, make sure you watch it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

Jet Jaguar PP means Punch Punch (Punch)

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The more I think about it the more I absolutely love that after credits scene and hope that this was popular enough to warrant a sequel because there are still so many unanswered questions. I love that we have really smart characters that aren’t too over the top tropes (well, within the Godzilla universe tropes). Godzilla being infested with meganurons was a fun surprise.

Things I am a bit disappointed in: not enough Hedorah action and I was hoping that the Mothras would play a part in the end but they just kind of disappeared before JJ did his thing. Also yes it was sad to see JJ meet their end.

If there is a sequel I really hope they go into a bit of biological explanation of some of the beasts.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I think that Ashihara has always been there, but only particular people knew of it. For his own reasons he wanted the world to think he was dead. Or perhaps those engineers working on MG weren’t just wearing suits that resembled them but are actual Mysterions and Ashihara has been with them the entire time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

goblin week posted:

Wait, so Ashihara didn't think to like... check the song that's been coming out from every kaiju corpse and the spacetime donut?

Ashihara was researching it- the crystal radio setup he had in the secret room in his house was specifically was monitoring it. Also if he DID see the future all he knew that it was somehow relevant to the catastrophe but he didn’t know why or how as he didn’t know of the future existence of Jet Jaguar.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

After show talk with cast - over 90 minutes. Of course, all in Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1FXK72xsII

They were showing off the Otaki Factory jackets and I'm still mad I missed the window on ordering those. Hopefully there will be another run of them.

Edit: around the 1:10 mark they seem to be talking with maybe the head of animation and they are showing some scenes being built including quick but really good shots of Godzilla Terrestis doing his first ring beam build up but without all of the red dust atmosphere so you can get a great look at him. Also Final form G shooting the beam.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 23, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh poo poo the merchandise being shown at the end of the show includes some stuff I'll be buying. They even have Mei's kaiju backpack and phone case coming.

Radon AND Pelops II plushes!!

edit: Godzilla SP battle card game coming september. Booster packs coming October

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 23, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My advice for watching this for the newcomers: choose original Japanese with English subs; some of the lines in English have changed what a lot of characters say for no understandable reason. Also, frankly, the Japanese actors are better.

AND: :siren:There is a bonus scene after the credits of Episode 13 :siren:

Enjoy!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Radon udon now available

https://twitter.com/godzilla_sp/status/1408258653770059784?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/sunglasspri/status/1409383965060907009?s=21