Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Glad this thread finally exists, it is WAY overdue.

I mostly lurk but I might be a little more involved in this thread. I've accumulated a lot for experience across the PNW doing lots of horizontal community organizing (queer peer activist and support groups mostly) and protest action this last summer. I've seen some poo poo, but I've learned a ton. Most of which the value in creating lasting support networks that ideally will last years and are ready for crisis, activism or collapse (let's work so the last one don't happen.)

Personally I'd like to see some riot-medicine related links to the op, like rosehip medics class schedules (a basics page here https://www.rosehipmedics.org/trainings/ ) and at least one decent street medic guide (like "Riot Medicine" here https://riotmedicine.net )

If you care about your neighborhood and the people around you buy an IFAK, learn how to tourniquet, read up on the basics of treatment and find a activist medic collective offering classes in your state!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

Okay, updated the links in the reference post. Kicked in $100 for Timeless Appeal and shared it in the USPOL thread, hopefully we can get you funded before the end of the month. :toot:

I would love for you (and anyone else with direct experience) to do a post on your perspective, lessons learned, etc as a result of your time doing organizing, direct action, etc if you're so inclined.

I will probably do a write-up on my experiences, both from the nonprofit industrial complex side and from my own personal organizing later this week/month. In the middle of job interviews and stuff right now so time is a little time but I'll get to it before end of month for sure.

If you have any things you'd like to hear about specifically or just general feedback about this thread just let me know!

Hey I just wanna follow up (pardon the delay) on this.

My experience has been very much an example of spontaneous peer group and neighborhood organization. If anything all of this has taught me the value of forming linkages, sharing knowledge and basically getting your world in such a way that when protests spike up or come to your neighborhood, you're ready to get involved and know how to help. I've also witnessed a lot of direct action and have had the good fortune to spend a lot of time communicating with and occasionally helping medic groups of various kinds.

You're welcome to PM me if you like as well if you have any questions or just want to chew the fat on this subject.