Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dracula Factory posted:

I've never been on the set up side of a gofundme, so I'm looking for some pointers if anyone has any experience in this. My friend was fired illegally (probably discrimination after she revealed she is autistic, can't prove it though) and is in a rough spot until she can find a new job. She's been through a lot in the last few months including catching covid while being at home and vaccinated, as well as some absurdly bad luck with other health issues. She has two 5 years old twins that I want to help get out of their abusive grandmother's hands asap so if I could help her out and find her own financial footing I think she could stop relying on her mom and they would all be much happier.

Anyway the real question here is how to promote/spread the message/present the story in a compelling way to try and get at least a few dollars for her? I have some kinda well off family members that might be able to give, but they are pretty conservative so I have a hard time figuring out what motivates them to give to charity sometimes so I can't count on them 100%. Any thoughts/experiences here would be appreciated.

Facebook, target disability groups, r/autism maybe? You can plug it in communities of people who understand the problem moreso than randos. Even if a few people drop a few dollars or carry the message further it's beneficial.

Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU