Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
real talk it seems like covid has definitely had a really bad kneecapping effect on people trying to build community networks. myself and friends included

does anyone have advice for making progress networking despite covid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If I'm donating clothes to a mutual aid group, should I put them in transparent garbage bags or inside cardboard boxes once I've washed and folded them?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Oldest Man posted:

Ask them. Also, receiving used clothes is the bane of many mutual aid groups and you should make 100% sure they actually want them.

of course, also yeah i assumed so since a lot of homeless shelter sites seem really specific about clothing donations. im waiting on a reply on facebook from one of the people running the group.

if the mutual aid groups and homeless shelters im asking around dont need clothes, are there any other good places that sweaters, t-shirts, socks, jackets could end up

obviously the salvation army and goodwill arent great, maybe another organization?

would it make sense for me to include clean sweaters, socks and underwear in some packages including food and medical supplies or would it just make more sense for me to donate the money i would have used on that and throw away the clothes