Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The first thing that got me listening to these older shows was a Shoutcast stream I found over 10 years ago called Cult Radio A Go Go. Its a mixture of music, commercials and OTR but I loved it, and appropriately enough their website still looks like its from another decade. It's bad, but in an endearing way. They even still have a Realplayer link.

http://www.cultradioagogo.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Was bored and scrolling through fakebook and saw a link for this poo poo right here:

https://rumseyretro.ca/

I haven't had a chance to listen yet as I just saw it, but it seems to be a Canadian radio station from Alberta that plays nothing but ye olde radio shows.

Can be listened to online.

Thanks for this, pretty awesome. I usually put something on while making food and it's always handy to have another link.

As for finding more of these things. I have to think that just about every show there is to be discovered has been by now right? Occasionally they'll find 70 year old film prints in a salt mine or something but I can't imagine it'll be the same thing for old radio shows.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I'm almost certain that ended up being adapted into a movie. But there are a number of 'Person uses telephone and accidentally overhears nefarious plot' stories out there.