Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
I'd just say have a little faith in people. People raise children all the time without turning them into school shooters. Good parenting would be more than sufficient for a teenage Superman. Flying/Laser-eye infant would be akin to raising chimps or gorillas, who quickly become much stronger than their zookeepers - but you show them love, you establish humane barriers for everyone's safety, and they grow up perfectly well-adapted. Maybe Supertyke's adoptive parents would need to set up a kryptonite habitat / safe room to get through the Terrible Twos, but that's usually why pre-adolescents aren't given powers in fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU