Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MakaVillian posted:

Well they didn't make the 2pt conversion so the Vikings would've won. At worst you give yourself a chance to win the OT coin toss and end the game before Wilson can get the ball again

SpitztheGreat posted:

Overtime is instantly a different outcome.

Edit- Or you kick the extra point in the 3rd, and then kick the filed goal and you're up 9.

Some very big "Long time listener, first time caller" energy itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

OxySnake posted:

You mean, kick the extra point when your down by two?

That's even dumber.

The TD brought the game from

13 - 21 to 19 - 21.

Kicking the XP there is real dumb.

Take the points when you can get them. It would have made all the difference with how the game worked out because it totally changes your strategy. It was the 3rd quarter, take the points.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

MakaVillian posted:

Well they didn't make the 2pt conversion so the Vikings would've won. At worst you give yourself a chance to win the OT coin toss and end the game before Wilson can get the ball again

Vikings winning the coin toss in OT would've resulted in Kirk providing a prime-time, Sunday Night Football safety.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

SpitztheGreat posted:

Take the points when you can get them. It would have made all the difference with how the game worked out because it totally changes your strategy. It was the 3rd quarter, take the points.

I too remember my first time learning about football.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MakaVillian posted:

The didn’t make the 2 pt conversion in the world we are in, which isn’t the world where the Vikings kicked a field goal.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
lol i always forget what complete cowards football fans are when it comes to play calling. lets see the vikings have like 40 mins time of possession and on the last 2 drives have averaged 7+ yards per carry. Time to kick a field goal a pray

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SpitztheGreat posted:

Teams should kick a field goal as soon as they reach optimal distance for their kicker, every time. Doing otherwise risks missing out on scoring due to a turnover. Always gotta be taking the points.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Teams should kick a field goal as soon as they reach optimal distance for their kicker, every time. Doing otherwise risks missing out on scoring due to a turnover. Always gotta be taking the points.

I found CDCarter's SA account

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also you more likely than not spot Wilson better field position after a FG.

Anyway the single funniest moment of the game was making Kirk Cousins have to suffer the indignity of pretending he could get his team into field goal range with 15 seconds left on the clock

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Refuzes/status/1315498113730318337?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i didn't know the Vikings signed Trent Richardson

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
1. Vikings defense... playing okay?
2. Seattle offense wasn't great most of the game
3. Vikings offense was running the ball extremely well, not something that can be done with less than a minute
4. Field goal forces another two point attempt to get possibly to OT

Yes, going for it basically seals the game, but contextually made no sense because you're passing up a bunch of built in safeguards for your defense

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Vikings was gashing the Hawks all night i think there was like 1 punt? Go for it.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 12, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Vikings gambled that they could get that 4th & inches with get away with being up only 5 points if they failed.

The gamble didn't work.

Wilson lead the Seahawks across the field with an amazing 4th down completion and scored the winning touchdown.

If anything I fault the Vikings for that 4th down playcall. I swear Cousins panicked when the play developed and tried running it, which failed miserably.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

They need to start calling Russ "Coach" because he's so loving clutch!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Every Seahawks fan wanted the Vikes to kick the field goal.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

Every Seahawks fan wanted the Vikes to kick the field goal.

This is the absolute truth

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Vikings gambled that they could get that 4th & inches with get away with being up only 5 points if they failed.

The gamble didn't work.

Wilson lead the Seahawks across the field with an amazing 4th down completion and scored the winning touchdown.

If anything I fault the Vikings for that 4th down playcall. I swear Cousins panicked when the play developed and tried running it, which failed miserably.

They converted on two fourth downs that drive!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Going for it on 4th down was the best move, but sometimes even the best move doesn't work out.
Go Hawks.
:hawksin:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Peachfart posted:

Going for it on 4th down was the best move, but sometimes even the best move doesn't work out.
Go Hawks.
:hawksin:

CANT THINK OF ANY IMPORTANT EXAMPLES OF THAT IN SEAHAWKS HISTORY NOSIREE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

CANT THINK OF ANY IMPORTANT EXAMPLES OF THAT IN SEAHAWKS HISTORY NOSIREE

shut up shut up I'm enjoying the win don't gently caress this up for me