Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nerve posted:

that is a loving HORRIBLE call. wow.

its a great call if you want the game to just be over so you can go home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Horrible call, but there’s no such thing as Kirk Cousins bullshit, so it doesn’t matter.

Kirk Cousins' bullshit.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Refs 100% want to get out of the rain on an October seattle night

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
so uh

kick the field goal

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
WAS NEVER IN DOUBT

(I was doubting since the 1st quarter)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/1315494900423684096?s=19

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I have no horse in this game, but what a loving idiot Zimmer is.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
It is now clear that Josh Allen Bullshit is the only thing that can defeat Russell Wilson Bullshit

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
going for it on 4th was absolutely the right decision and everyone who says otherwise is a coward imo

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

hughesta posted:

going for it on 4th was absolutely the right decision and everyone who says otherwise is a coward imo

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

ThePeavstenator posted:

Going for it on 4th and inches and there's a very good chance that you make it and completely avoid RWBS.

You kick that field goal, and you guarantee that Russell Wilson gets the ball make it or miss it.

Against anyone else (except Mahomes and maybe Brady) you go for it. Against Wilson you absolutely play the 8 point lead and avoid RWBS losing the game for you.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chinatown posted:

this ends badly

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

hughesta posted:

agreed, but don't just run it up the gut on 4th and inches. every defense is planning for that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hughesta posted:

going for it on 4th? absolutely.

not doing a QB sneak? lmao

though with Kirk running the sneak it probably would have ended up being fumbled or something

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah come on you win the game by getting a couple inches and they'd been running with impunity all night

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

hughesta posted:

Whatever dude, I guess going up by 8 isn't enough for you.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/SKORNorth/status/1315495339269316608?s=19

Enjoy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

hughesta posted:

The playcall was poo poo tho. Just loving sneak it.

E: I dont understand why teams always go for the handoff instead of the sneak. Its basically guaranteed to get the refs to give you the spot

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I appreciate the implication that a vital and seemingly simple field goal would definitely have gone correctly for the Vikings.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

"Joe's Home Theater -- 'Fire Zimmer'"

Seen enough, lmfao.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MakaVillian posted:

Against anyone else (except Mahomes and maybe Brady) you go for it. Against Wilson you absolutely play the 8 point lead and avoid RWBS losing the game for you.

Why would you want to guarantee that you put the ball back in Wilsons hands with a chance to tie? That doesn’t make any sense. You want to keep him off the field.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I appreciate the implication that a vital and seemingly simple field goal would definitely have gone correctly for the Vikings.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The people talking so far are shrugging and going "well russ got us what're you gonna do"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It was so dumb not to kick the field goal

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I remember that playoff game.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

SpitztheGreat posted:

Whatever dude, I guess going up by 8 isn't enough for you.
going up by 8 and giving the football to Russel Wilson with 2 minutes on the clock probably wouldn't have ended any differently

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

hughesta posted:

going up by 8 and giving the football to Russel Wilson with 2 minutes on the clock probably wouldn't have ended any differently

I mean they would of just lost in OT.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

hughesta posted:

Overtime

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

hughesta posted:

Overtime is instantly a different outcome.

Edit- Or you kick the extra point in the 3rd, and then kick the filed goal and you're up 9.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

SpitztheGreat posted:

You think their odds of beating the Seahawks in overtime is better than their odds of picking up inches on a play?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hughesta posted:

I see you

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I would have not let Russell Wilson convert those 4th downs

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

SpitztheGreat posted:

Edit- Or you kick the extra point in the 3rd, and then kick the filed goal and you're up 9.
yeah this is what they should have done, but I don't think the Vikings would have won in Overtime. That's why I said it wouldn't have made a difference if they were up by 8 points or not

e: didn't realize they were down by two at the time, lol of course they should have gone for two.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lol @ the Vikings for getting less than 14 points in this half, they are going to lose the game to RWBS

This right here

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

SpitztheGreat posted:

You mean, kick the extra point when your down by two?

That's even dumber.

The TD brought the game from

13 - 21 to 19 - 21.

Kicking the XP there is real dumb.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

It is now clear that Josh Allen Bullshit is the only thing that can defeat Russell Wilson Bullshit

Me after the Super Bowl: I did not know it was possible for 35 points to be scored in the last 10 seconds of the fourth quarter.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

YOLOsubmarine posted:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/StacyRost/status/1315497211166220288

Keep in mind that they went for it on 4th.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

OxySnake posted:

You mean, kick the extra point when your down by two?

That's even dumber.

Should have looked into the future and seen that they would have a chance to kick a field goal to go up by 9, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Why would you want to guarantee that you put the ball back in Wilsons hands with a chance to tie? That doesn’t make any sense. You want to keep him off the field.

Well they didn't make the 2pt conversion so the Vikings would've won. At worst you give yourself a chance to win the OT coin toss and end the game before Wilson can get the ball again