Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Pays employees slightly more than minimum wage;has multiple homes and luxury cars

Constantly thinking of cheating on spouse

Will leave company to child who will then run it into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
This cafe would make so much more money if I didn't have to pay my staff! I pay them barely anything as it is but somehow they still complain! This is all the Government's fault!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help I can't stop drinking all the alcohol, my restaurant is doomed

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

We’re a small business guys, I need you to put in extra hours to make the dream work. Sorry no I can’t afford to pay you overtime right now maybe one day when we make it big haha, you know I’ll remember all the hard work you put in. Oh and before I forget your Christmas bonus this year is that I’m ordering Dominos to the office.

*drives off in a Bentley*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
*goes bankrupt within the first 3 years*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Becomes irrationally angry about taxes*

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

My aunt once dated this rad Italian dude who owned a restaurant and sometimes his staff would show up to work and find him passed out drunk on the kitchen floor because he got wasted the night before and didn’t want to pay for a taxi back to his house

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Votin trump gently caress them black kids

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

slang so much crack I had to open a franchise

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Supreme Allah posted:

Votin trump gently caress them black kids

My daughter begged me over tik tok to do it so, votin Biden gently caress them black kids

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Could someone get one of those cups for me? It's on the top shelf and I can't reach.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Who What Now posted:

*goes bankrupt within the first 3 years*

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
*Runs the dump like a tyrant king*
*insanely smug about it but throwing away profit at all times*
*gets kicked out of a low grade country club for not paying*

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the bastards up at city hall are telling me i can't empty my septic system in the local creek

thinkin about building a killdozer

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

the bastards up at city hall are telling me i can't empty my septic system in the local creek

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We need to start making profit asap or we are going under. NO!, of course I didn't plan on not making any profit for 3 years before building up my clientele.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im the owner/manager/marketing expert

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Lol it's all true :(

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I sell propane and propane accessories I tell ya hwut.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Gets into Facebook argument about whether or not a thing done was racist. Doubles down very, very hard on racism without realizing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm gonna underpay you for one job but you're really getting serverly underpaid to perform several. Why yes I do have problems retaining employees but I think I've solved that by referring to the company as a family.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 13, 2020

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Models business after successful hot dog house he read about on the internet.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bad Purchase posted:

just do it i dump my chromium waste down the storm drains every day

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
*installs incompetent spouse as book keeper*
*the money is hosed for some unknown reason*
*blame the employees for loving around all day*

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i think we should base prices on how much money i want to make for each item, not how much the market is willing to accommodate

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Starts an internet forum.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

I love this thread. Sorry about the vent.

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

Hello Sole Applicant!

We are very excited to have you start working at our small design firm. We have been in business for 20 years and have deep ties in the community with all of the large, local consultants that you will want to be working with. I thought, before you begin your duties working for our Emerging Small, Minority, Woman-Owned Business, that I would take this time to outline exactly what your duties will be over the next couple of years.

Starting your career is a daunting process. There is so much you don’t know! And I realize that you are expecting a true mentor. Someone who can guide you to fill in the gaps of your education. Unfortunately (for you), the reality of the small, local design market you are entering means that I am the only shop in town. And while I will recognize your need to learn and grow, I don’t feel that I have to actively help you in that process. Just google it while I browse Amazon! Hey, if you can’t figure it out, I will just treat you with so much derision that you will avoid ever asking me a question again.

Look, I am going to start you off at a wage that is 75% under the expected amount for your degree. I will increase that amount if you prove to have the ability to handle working for me. As mentioned, there is nowhere else for you to work and since your spouse is stuck in an unpaid internship, you can’t move. I might forget about that wage increase for six months. I might also purposefully omit overtime. But, what are you going to do? I am literally the only option you have for professional growth!

But it’s not all bad! After 2 years I will trick another, more experienced professional into joining my firm under the auspices of partnership (lol). He will be the one to really teach you. You just have to hold out for those years going to meetings with engineers and contractors, unable to answer their gotcha-questions that originate from the frustration of my absence. Can you handle that meeting with the City tomorrow? I can’t make it. The City Engineer is just going to ask you questions that relate directly to my liability. You got this!

Also, every once in a while I will not have work for you, but I also will not lay you off so you can collect unemployment. I don’t like paying for that. By the way, I forgot to market (oopsie). Can I just string you along with the minimum amount of office hours for you to stick around? It will be at a reduced rate. Where else would you go anyway. You need experience under me to gain your licensure. A second job? You are on call! Moonlighting? Don't let me find out!

I will also cycle around 12 other professionals through this office while you are here. Pulling them away from other firms and lower skilled, unrelated jobs just to fire them within weeks, if not months. Did I mention how replaceable you are?

Those past employees? Oh, I will report them for claiming hours I don’t feel they deserve. Better stay on my good side! Don't want this all to be at for nothing, do you? Hey, can you call the licensing board too? Doesn’t it make you mad that YOU are getting the required experience for your license, but they are lying about theirs? Nevermind that my license didn’t require me to get hours and I never actually worked under anyone else.

Look, you will try everything to get away. You can go back to school, but let’s face it, YOU have a kid. You can’t afford to get another degree. You can look for work somewhere else and the experience you get here isn’t going to make you competitive in larger markets! I also won’t be introducing you to any other consultants who can give you a reference.

Did I mention the benefits? There are none! I am a small business. I can’t cripple myself with those things. How am I going to get a new car every two years? How am I going to afford that quarter million dollar addition to my house? Doesn't your side get insurance through their school? Can you get on that?

Every so often, when it gets bad enough, I will give you the absolute minimum pay increase to keep you on. I know you can leave, I am just hoping my combination of abuse and miniscule reward will be enough to keep you around and not value yourself enough to step out. Remember that family? Those responsibilities?

After a couple of years, you and your mentor might be in a position to go out on your own, but I have a deal for you! I am going to retire in about a year (for the next two years) and I want to pass my business on to you. All my contacts. All my work that you have been doing while I take credit for it. It can be yours. Don't you want to be the big fish in this small pond?

I just will need to stay on as the creative director (and control everything), own the majority stock of the company (I did build it), have a minimum salary/hours for guaranteed income (I know you worked hourly), and health insurance until I turn 65. Quite the deal, right?

I am a Small Business.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Gonna just chill out and run a decent niche product business and hang out in my office.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my mom is the accountant / cleaner

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Bird posted:

Hello Sole Applicant!

We are very excited to have you start working at our small design firm. We have been in business for 20 years and have deep ties in the community with all of the large, local consultants that you will want to be working with. I thought, before you begin your duties working for our Emerging Small, Minority, Woman-Owned Business, that I would take this time to outline exactly what your duties will be over the next couple of years.

Starting your career is a daunting process. There is so much you don’t know! And I realize that you are expecting a true mentor. Someone who can guide you to fill in the gaps of your education. Unfortunately (for you), the reality of the small, local design market you are entering means that I am the only shop in town. And while I will recognize your need to learn and grow, I don’t feel that I have to actively help you in that process. Just google it while I browse Amazon! Hey, if you can’t figure it out, I will just treat you with so much derision that you will avoid ever asking me a question again.

Look, I am going to start you off at a wage that is 75% under the expected amount for your degree. I will increase that amount if you prove to have the ability to handle working for me. As mentioned, there is nowhere else for you to work and since your spouse is stuck in an unpaid internship, you can’t move. I might forget about that wage increase for six months. I might also purposefully omit overtime. But, what are you going to do? I am literally the only option you have for professional growth!

But it’s not all bad! After 2 years I will trick another, more experienced professional into joining my firm under the auspices of partnership (lol). He will be the one to really teach you. You just have to hold out for those years going to meetings with engineers and contractors, unable to answer their gotcha-questions that originate from the frustration of my absence. Can you handle that meeting with the City tomorrow? I can’t make it. The City Engineer is just going to ask you questions that relate directly to my liability. You got this!

Also, every once in a while I will not have work for you, but I also will not lay you off so you can collect unemployment. I don’t like paying for that. By the way, I forgot to market (oopsie). Can I just string you along with the minimum amount of office hours for you to stick around? It will be at a reduced rate. Where else would you go anyway. You need experience under me to gain your licensure. A second job? You are on call! Moonlighting? Don't let me find out!

I will also cycle around 12 other professionals through this office while you are here. Pulling them away from other firms and lower skilled, unrelated jobs just to fire them within weeks, if not months. Did I mention how replaceable you are?

Those past employees? Oh, I will report them for claiming hours I don’t feel they deserve. Better stay on my good side! Don't want this all to be at for nothing, do you? Hey, can you call the licensing board too? Doesn’t it make you mad that YOU are getting the required experience for your license, but they are lying about theirs? Nevermind that my license didn’t require me to get hours and I never actually worked under anyone else.

Look, you will try everything to get away. You can go back to school, but let’s face it, YOU have a kid. You can’t afford to get another degree. You can look for work somewhere else and the experience you get here isn’t going to make you competitive in larger markets! I also won’t be introducing you to any other consultants who can give you a reference.

Did I mention the benefits? There are none! I am a small business. I can’t cripple myself with those things. How am I going to get a new car every two years? How am I going to afford that quarter million dollar addition to my house? Doesn't your side get insurance through their school? Can you get on that?

Every so often, when it gets bad enough, I will give you the absolute minimum pay increase to keep you on. I know you can leave, I am just hoping my combination of abuse and miniscule reward will be enough to keep you around and not value yourself enough to step out. Remember that family? Those responsibilities?

After a couple of years, you and your mentor might be in a position to go out on your own, but I have a deal for you! I am going to retire in about a year (for the next two years) and I want to pass my business on to you. All my contacts. All my work that you have been doing while I take credit for it. It can be yours. Don't you want to be the big fish in this small pond?

I just will need to stay on as the creative director (and control everything), own the majority stock of the company (I did build it), have a minimum salary/hours for guaranteed income (I know you worked hourly), and health insurance until I turn 65. Quite the deal, right?

I am a Small Business.

oh jesus christ lol it burns like salt on a slug

oh man this is a real one

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The last seven restaurants to open up on this corner didn’t last four months, but I’m pretty sure my Italian-Asian fusion bistro is gonna kill it here

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i'm going to have a rediculous antique system of billing and paperwork that requires manual typewriting from my past-retirement age mom in order to get anything done, and she will be paid far more than you.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't care how many instagram followers you have, I'm not giving you free poo poo!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i'm going to basically handle credit cards in the exact completely wrong and illegal manner and then arbitrarily pick whoever seems nerdy to investigate the legal compliance standards and then refuse to implement anything even close to correct, because that's not the way we did it in the 80s, just sign on it saying we did everything right and hope we never get caught

oh no we're getting repeatedly sued we better do everything we can to evade discovery

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
has a nephew make a website straight outta 2004

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

But you’re such a good* cook when you’re cooking a meal to serve 2-4 people, how could a restaurant you own possibly fail? Have you tried taking a vacation and closing the restaurant right when things are turning around?

*above-average but nothing special

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i have a weird conceptualization of how everything works that is not really tethered to reality but i'm just gonna try and force everything to work the way i think it should. I love trump and try to pull insane power moves like he does all the time even though it never worked even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bird
Dec 7, 2006

I love to support young, local professionals. I am going to outsource all my 3D modeling and rendering work to India.

The Bird fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 13, 2020