Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

A tale of two businesses owners:

1) Buy a small, local coffee shop. Bust your rear end working six days a week, 12 hours a day trying to make it successful. Build a brand locally, get regular customers. Get attention from the local newspaper. Make yourself the face of the business so the customers deal with you - good or bad. Hire local teenagers as part-time help, pay them what they’re owed, send them home at a pre-set time every shift and finish up closing yourself, because you can’t afford to pay for the extra hours. When a customer makes a horrible mess in the bathroom, insist on cleaning it yourself instead of letting the high schoolers you hired deal with it. Burn yourself out. Hire an accountant to try to see why you always feel behind financially. Get told you’d be better off working at McDonald’s. Sell the business and go be a home inspector.

2) Buy an established coffee shop with a good local reputation. Be an unlikable, greasy poo poo who wears comic book T-shirts every single day. Post on Facebook about how stupid and annoying your customers are. When your post blows up in the local community, double down when the local newspaper asks you about it. Go out of business. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I'm going to spend six-figures buying into a tutoring franchise called Tutor Doctor.

I'm going to demand that our clients pay for 48 hours worth of tutoring up front when they sign on.

I'm going to charge $60/hour from the client, but only pay my employees $18/hour.

Then I'm going to loving run out of money and tell my tutors I can only pay them in Amazon gift cards.

Then I'm going to go out of loving business and run away with all that money, without the clients getting the hours of tutoring I made them pre-pay for.

:guillotine: "Where do you people get off being mad at me I'm a business owner! Get your hands off me! You're going to kill me over this? HOW DARE YOU I DEMAND TO SPEAK WI-" *chop*