Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

Help I can't stop drinking all the alcohol, my restaurant is doomed

But you’re such a good* cook when you’re cooking a meal to serve 2-4 people, how could a restaurant you own possibly fail? Have you tried taking a vacation and closing the restaurant right when things are turning around?

*above-average but nothing special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
“No sick or personal days, people will take advantage of them! We’ll have perfect attendance days, where if you go three months without being a minute late, you get one paid day off!”

“Someone came in with norovirus even though they knew they were sick, and now 180 of my 200 employees have missed at least two days of work? There was no way to prevent this!”

That same owner threatened to fire everyone if he heard the word “Union” again, and did fire me for talking about pay. Both of which were super illegal. They were dumb enough to put the reason I was fired in writing, though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
So I know you interviewed for a position as “occupational health coordinator”, but we’re going to hire you and have you work as a medical assistant to “learn the business”. Yes the pay is less than half of what we said in your interview, but eventually you’ll get that job when we’re done stringing you along. Yes, you’re the fourth person we’ve pulled this poo poo on and none of them have stuck around more than three months. Oh, and we’re going to send you to do some work for a client that is looking to hire someone with your exact skill set that pays 4x what we’re paying you. This will in no way bite us in the rear end when you bail and use that job to start a competing company that takes a bunch of our clients. I have really thought all of this through.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Derpies posted:

*Takes away all the chairs for employees*

:smug:

Large companies pull that one too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Smugworth posted:

Hahahaha restaurant owners deserve to get hosed by a lack of employees. The tactics to turn a profit in that industry turbo gently caress all the employees. I did 10 years as a line cook and don't have a penny to show for it, just know how to cook. Let em burn.

Lol at “restaurant” and “turning a profit” being in the same paragraph.