Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
My successful white-collar career has allowed me to save enough for early retirement.

I think I'll use that money to open a bar.

That sounds like a fun way to spend the rest of my days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I just want you all to know that I'm not like those stuffy corporate bosses. Around here we're family.

By which I mean I'm your new emotionally abusive parent, and you're all my sycophant children.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Boss: Okay guys... I try to be nice, but you all clearly just want to walk all over me. So from now on, no more brewed coffee on the house. Some of you guys will drink two or three cups a shift and that starts to add up. We're trying to run a business here, people!

*Boss grabs the most expensive liquor in the joint and pours shots for him and his friends*

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
"I'm just going to order all my baked goods for the next two weeks, stick them in the fridge in the back, and restock as needed. It'll save us a ton of money!"

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
"Okay guys, I know the month and a half shut-down really hurt us, but we're going to bounce back better than ever! In order to celebrate our big comeback we're holding an event at our restaurant on reopening day! I'm going to fill the place with people I hope to impress, and not bill them anything, and somehow this will lead to customers coming back."

"Also, I'm ignoring all the advice my chef -- who is a retired restaurant owner with 34 years of business experience under his belt, and only here cuz he loves cooking so much and doesn't need the money -- and instead partner with my old college roommate who has been in engineering for 15 years to help me make better business decisions."

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
"We're making a profit for the first time in 5 years, enough to put a good chunk of it away for a rainy day or give everyone here a bonus! So we've decided -- by which I mean I have decided -- that we are expanding to a second location next month!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
1 year ago: "Business has been struggling and we need some fresh blood to turn things around. These people are family to me and I'll be damned if I see this place go under!"

6 months ago: "I know you've done a lot to turn this business around, and we're in the best shape we've ever been, but we can't keep paying you the rates we have. You're taking a pay cut. It's just business."

5 months ago: "You're leaving us for our competitor? No, we won't match that offer. You don't deserve it! You don't do this to family!"

2 weeks ago: "Hey, I know we've had some disagreements in the past, but you know we've always thought of you as family..."