Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Facebook Aunt posted:

the woods don't want u

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i think the fact that three olives said to get a dog instead of a child is the biggest lmao

like he is so misanthropic that the two are interchangeable concepts in his mind

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I started writing this response maybe ten times but it can be summarized as this: gently caress you three olives.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Caesar Saladin posted:

like he is so misanthropic that the two are interchangeable concepts in his mind

I'm married with a six figure income and live in a three bedroom home 6 miles from the CBD that we own within walking distance from a public elementary and high school that I share with two dogs, a cat, my husband and some fish.

You can in fact just, not have children. It's fine.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 19, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its fine to not have children but to equate the experience of having a dog and a child is a sign of brain poisoning

tell me more about your income though. How rich are you? What's your net worth? I need to know because the more money you have, the more powerful your opinion is.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Three Olives posted:

live in a three bedroom home

Ban this filth from the tiny homes thread

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Children are a lifestyle decision, you don't get a free minivan and a raise at your job because you hosed up at the pullout method.

I dont think this is the Dexter thread sir.

Also like get help or something, not having kids is fine but the way you write about it makes it seem that you are absolutely not fine with kids at all.
Seriously baaaad vibes from ya dude. Oh wait u are 3o, just keep on being you I guess.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 19, 2020

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Olives you’re gay, dude. You are never going to have an accidental pregnancy and if you did you’re well resourced enough to have real choices about it. Not everyone is so fortunate.

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried
Love seeing people defend well known yuppie classist piece of poo poo 3 olives.

e; I say yuppie but he must be pretty old by now.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sir, I need an abortion in my butt, an assbortion if you will.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

its fine to not have children but to equate the experience of having a dog and a child is a sign of brain poisoning

tell me more about your income though. How rich are you? What's your net worth? I need to know because the more money you have, the more powerful your opinion is.

i know right, having a dog is way better

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Three Olives posted:

I'm married with a six figure income and live in a three bedroom home 6 miles from the CBD that we own within walking distance from a public elementary and high school that I share with two dogs, a cat, my husband and some fish.

You can in fact just, not have children. It's fine.

Lol wtf is this poo poo.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

im married but i hesitate putting a kid on the world because they might have to deal with like famine and just the desolation of the natural world and i wouldn't want to deal with that myself. at least most of my life was still good even if the end might not be so hot

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
A couple of years ago there was an attempt to fix the lack of cheap student housing here by constructing an apartment block made of converted container apartments. It was hyped as the future of smart inner city living, but they turned out to be really badly constructed and most of the apartments got mold issues and water damage within like 6 months of people moving in.

My little sister went to a pre-party in one and apparently the layout is so that the front door leads into the kitchen, then the bathroom and then the living room. There is no way to go around the bathroom, each room takes up the whole width of the apartment. So whenever someone used the bathroom, the people in the living room were trapped lol.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Admiral Goodenough posted:

A couple of years ago there was an attempt to fix the lack of cheap student housing here by constructing an apartment block made of converted container apartments. It was hyped as the future of smart inner city living, but they turned out to be really badly constructed and most of the apartments got mold issues and water damage within like 6 months of people moving in.

My little sister went to a pre-party in one and apparently the layout is so that the front door leads into the kitchen, then the bathroom and then the living room. There is no way to go around the bathroom, each room takes up the whole width of the apartment. So whenever someone used the bathroom, the people in the living room were trapped lol.

Lol, there are families used to Soviet apartment housing that would shake their heads at this.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ive seen shipping containers used to create a sort of modular market-space that can be layed out in different configurations.

They seem alright for these sort of non-residential applications, but living in one seems bad.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Son of Rodney posted:

Gee I dunno Maddox your other shirt "for every animal you don't eat, I'll eat three" Was more catchy.

Lol @ defending a 3o view point. I didn't see it before so a late lol at getting triggered by a nojoe tag.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Alright team lets talk about tiny houses, we can all agree three olives deserves his "olives of poo poo" av. Lets not close ta decent thread over it.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

quote:

I always love this idea that children are just a natural thing that happens sometimes

Yep it's pretty great, agreed. :love:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

The_Continental posted:

Alright team lets talk about tiny houses, we can all agree three olives deserves his "olives of poo poo" av. Lets not close ta decent thread over it.

hey buddy, I think you'll find eugenics and the tiny house movement have a LOT more in common than you think

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Putting poor people in tiny houses so they won't have space to gently caress in their ceiling-touching loft beds, I can see it now

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Azuth0667 posted:

Going to have a legion of children to compensate for every moron that whinges about "those" people having kids.

Again, that's the thing with the 'childfree' movement, it's just like the Shakers. Whatever factors (other than perhaps the purely external ones) are making you have no children, there will be less of most of those factors within a generation or two, for obvious biological and cultural reasons. Thanks to these supposedly childfree people, we'll be left with only superbreeders in the future.

e: so yes, it's eugenics, but it's themselves they're removing from the gene pool. Can't really get mad at that.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 19, 2020

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

old: shotgun shacks
new: shotgun lofts

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i have only a few requirements for living space - after one apartment I realized that you should not, for example, have a bathroom that everybody has to walk through your bedroom to get to, if you ever want guests over. Bathrooms need to be a DMZ/no mans land.

love the idea of waiting for somebody to take a poo poo to refill your cocktail though

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i have only a few requirements for living space - after one apartment I realized that you should not, for example, have a bathroom that everybody has to walk through your bedroom to get to, if you ever want guests over. Bathrooms need to be a DMZ/no mans land.

love the idea of waiting for somebody to take a poo poo to refill your cocktail though

https://twitter.com/lyu_sub2/status/1194628298581536768

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

^^^ I love how it looks like you'd have to squeeze really close to the wall to get past the toilet

Re: the container apartments, the reason the bathroom was in the middle and not at the back was that they wanted to add a tiny balcony to the living room/bedroom as a luxury feature.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 19, 2020

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

The reason the bathroom was in the middle and not at the back was that they wanted to add a tiny balcony to the living room/bedroom as a luxury feature.

luxury features in an apartment with a squat toilet that you have to step over

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Jeza posted:

hey buddy, I think you'll find eugenics and the tiny house movement have a LOT more in common than you think

It does save a lot of space to have the shower double as a gas chamber.

naem
May 29, 2011

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Soon to be "luxury" living in the US being prototyped in Hong Kong.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tiny House, Tiny rear end in a top hat, Tiny Wife, Tiny Life.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i stayed in a place once that had the shower head directly over the toilet and a drain in the floor - or a toilet in the shower if you will. could not stop thinking about steam rising off turds when in the hot shower. the sweat off my body dripping off the lid and mingling with whatever remained in the bowl. awful. add 8 square feet to your room ffs. put the sink on top of the toilet tank if you want but keep cleaning and moving bowels from touching

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i stayed in a place once that had the shower head directly over the toilet and a drain in the floor - or a toilet in the shower if you will. could not stop thinking about steam rising off turds when in the hot shower. the sweat off my body dripping off the lid and mingling with whatever remained in the bowl. awful. add 8 square feet to your room ffs. put the sink on top of the toilet tank if you want but keep cleaning and moving bowels from touching

this is common in south korean hostels, i had to shower in turd vapors once

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Turd Vapors - Turning Korean

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Soon to be "luxury" living in the US being prototyped in Hong Kong.

Much of the US is already living like that

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Malkina_ posted:

Much of the US is already living like that

As if. In the US you'd be lucky to have a rusty cage to keep your roommates dirty paws off your stuff. :regd08:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

What was that one blog that had just the worst apartments in NYC?

It was called "Rooms of NYC" or something of that nature.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The_Continental posted:

What was that one blog that had just the worst apartments in NYC?

It was called "Rooms of NYC" or something of that nature.

The Worst Room? https://theworstroom.tumblr.com/

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

There's also an article series on british Vice about lovely London apartments that is sometimes really funny.

https://www.vice.com/en/topic/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lol