Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Hi, I helped with the tech bits, namely providing hosting and helping Kinu get up to speed on how to make a screenshot Let's Play. I hope everyone enjoys Sympathy, it's a major project with a lot of work behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Clarste posted:

Oh wow, I can't believe it's been 4 years since the EO5 LP.

Feels like just yesterday we changed Star Eater to Planet Devourer, only for the official localization to mix both. :v:

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
There's one particular neat touch in 2020-II's translation that I'll bring up when we get there. It's a small thing but for some reason it makes me smile a lot.

Rea fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 17, 2020

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

BisbyWorl posted:

Is there any particular reason your images are .webp? You're the first LP I've read that uses it, and that might be part of it.

I went with webp because Firefox had finally adopted it last year and I'm big on using space-saving formats.

I think I'll re-configure my site to just serve JPG versions instead if the requesting browser doesn't support webp. More people ended up being unable to load webp images than I expected...

Rea fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 19, 2020

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Update: rhematic now falls back to PNGs/JPGs if your browser doesn't support WebP. It's not perfect—I don't know what to do about animated WebPs yet, so those just show a placeholder image—but it should be fine until Apple gets off their asses and makes the versions of Safari that support WebP more widely available.

Apologies for the inconvenience, anyone who was affected!

Rea fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 19, 2020

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

Wait... luvshock.exe and poisnjam.exe?

The Love Shockers and Poison Jam were two of the rival gangs from Jet Set Radio...

was that a joke/reference added in the fan translation or was that in the original Japanese as well

Those were added by the fan translation. Their original names, respectively, were madstrife.exe and lostpower.exe (though written as マッドストライフⅩ and ロストパワーⅩ). You might recognize the latter names better from the official 7th Dragon 3 localization, where they're used for the Agent's versions of those skills.

While 2020, as far as I can tell, does not reference Jet Set Radio, 7D3 actually does! The masculine Agent portraits' shirts have the Jet Set Radio logo on them.

They also have the eye from the masculine Psychic's (so, Mugen's) hoodie in 2020 on their beanie.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

Jesus, is there anything Richter can't do?

Build up his Exhaust gauge. :v:

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Junpei posted:

Does Trash Pickup render actual ailment-curing skills and items pointless?

Not if an ailment's duration is sufficiently long enough. Otherwise, kinda, yeah.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Destroyer is the best class in 2020 but Psychic is even more ridiculous in 2020-II.

Genuinely have no idea who saw Frostburn and decided to green-light it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
So, fun fact about 7th Dragon 2020's writing staff: Natsuko Ishikawa worked on both 2020 and 2020-II.

"I've heard that name before, where did I hear it?" you may ask.

I had a loving breakdown when I learned this. Suddenly a lot of similarities between Shadowbringers/especially Endwalker's and 2020/2020-II's themes made a ton of sense.