Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Main character looks and feels like awkward Utena escapee, in best possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Kinu Nishimura posted:

I spent six months in the process of designing these characters and hanging out in Kat's Twitch stream to direct her art. Seventy-seven total pages, I wrote. I hate Twitch streams. And every second, no matter how many times I said—"lol who's the Kill la Kill OC?" "she looks like the girl from Kill la Kill!" No matter how many times Chisa showed up on stream, it was always Kill la Kill, Kill la Kill, just because of that hair swoop and the shoulderpads. No matter how many drat times I said it, nobody actually listened to me when I said, no, you loving rubes, she's supposed to be designed more in the style of, say, Revolutionary Girl Utena. It was always Kill la Kill! Kill la Kill! Nice Kill la Kill OC! No! It's not loving Kill la Kill, you bastards! You ignoble kisama!

Thank you. This is the first time anyone's brought up Utena. Thank you. I'm so glad someone, finally, understands my soul. I'm going to have Chisa go up a thousand stairs in your honor.

KlK characters do not possess the sheer teenage lesbian... yeah, what Chisa just radiates. Why the gently caress would I mention it?

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I like the story, but I have WORDS to say about art.

I hate most of Satsuki's art, starting from Battle2 that makes her look like a... extremely small head on extremely wide shoulders to most others. Smug is ok. Pity the most I see of her is HATE.
Richter is trying to be french artist stereotype. General impression is ok.
Koron definitely put up her wardrobe to be dark and mysterious, but that resulted in cute set of clothes with impression of failing to do delinquent look.
Youka is not 40 on her dialogue avatars, her main image... well, she's ready TO COOK FOES WITH HER FISTS and RIP HER CLOTHES WITH HER BUST
Chisa is still utter Utena reject and definitely not an useless lesbian.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Chuuni accelerates and grows in size simultaneously. YAY

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Why blind eyeless psychic and serial reincarnee are most well-adjusted people in this troupe?

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Kinu Nishimura posted:

You think Chisa is well-adjusted?

As far as her crazy chuuni spirit could ever be called well-adjusted, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

quote:

For instance, Richter's weakest point is his upper left leg.
Youka totally squeezed Richter here, right?

Also, she's the best and horrifyingly terrifying.