Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Is there some way you could auto-convert them into an animated gif without ruining them? Or is an animated webp more like an mp4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Araxxor posted:

Fun fan translation fact, in the Japanese version, all the junk items had the same description "Sell this to a shop." The fan translation gave all the items unique descriptions.
I'm surprised they had unique descriptions for every junk item then, instead of pointing to the same message for each one. I feel bad for the Japanese intern who had to type out "Just sell this" 500 times.

Reminds me of a game I heard of where apparently all the treasure chests had the same dialogue for when they were empty, but like this game, had the line repeated for each chest, so the localization company decided to have a bit of fun with it and gave them all unique dialogue and some fourth-wall-leaning jokes.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Junpei posted:

The Trails Series? They do that.
I don't remember which game it was, but I'd absolutely believe that XSEED would do that kinda thing.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

At least it's not 666, Chisa. Look at it that way.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Junpei posted:

I... actually checked to see if Phantasy Moon was a real game. Alas, all the results were either Phantasy Star or Harvest Moon.
Yeah, it's almost certainly supposed to be a play on Phantasy Star, considering 7th Dragon is published by Sega as well. Harvest Moon is Marvelous, so the choice of celestial body to replace "Star"in the off-brand naming is probably a coincidence.

All of this is assuming the name is directly translated, of course, and not an in joke added by the fan translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Kinu Nishimura posted:

Then—

Is there supposed to be the same screen twice here, or am I witnessing a glitch in the Matrix?