Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pokeytax
Jun 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, I have nothing whatsoever to do with the translation of this game, but I thought it was pretty interesting how the chapters have titles in both English and Japanese, and the English is not quite a translation of the Japanese. In this case, "Senjou no Yobigoe" is more like "call of the battlefield" and sort of has that nuance of being invited to battle. Pretty much every chapter has a double meaning like this, iirc.

Interestingly, the English here is actually present in the original JP release, and it definitely isn't just the direct one-to-one; Warcry is rendered elsewhere as ウォークライ, not 戦場の呼び声.

Araxxor posted:

While he did do a decent job on the DS game, the translations for the PSP games are considerably more polished I'd say.

Emphasizing here that it's totally okay to critique my work on this game (i.e. the translation and game text). Please, just treat the game the same way you'd treat EO5 or any other release, as the source material for a rad narrative LP.

I didn't help out at all with this project and it is a surprise I am jiga amped for, so I am going to step back quietly and listen to the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokeytax
Jun 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

Sorry, that's not how I meant it. I thought it was pretty obvious that both the English and Japanese text were in the original, and that the different meanings were intentional too. It wasn't meant to be a critique of the fan translation, I just thought I'd comment on the Japanese text in the game like I did back in the EO5 LP. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I think your translation is great, for the record.

Thanks for the kind words! And don’t worry, I just didn’t want anyone to think I deserved credit for that nuance. I could read comments on the Japanese text forever so please never stop posting.

Pokeytax
Jun 13, 2005

Araxxor posted:

It was indeed the Trails series where these exact circumstances happened.

One thing writing a hundred one-line gags with minimal context does is give you appreciation for people writing even more gags with even less context!