Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Re: the Vikings

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1318189855902437376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Honestly at this point do you want to win a game?

Yes its fun and good to win game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1318211296777674752

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Didn’t pff have him as the second coming before the draft lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Honestly at this point do you want to win a game?

If players are jumping for joy at being released or pouring over opponents' schedules looking for opportunities to completely own your team/head coach as revenge, and you want to keep some of the players that are still on your team, then yes.

Like, tanking is one thing but becton has a legitimate grudge against the front office now regardless of if he feels that way now or not.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I just turned on Redzone yesterday and watched that.

It was a better choice.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1318215580021829632?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I hope Brady plays until he’s 50 like Gordie Howe.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope brady retires tomorrow and gets damnatio memoraie

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1318230260509495296?s=19

Yeah I'm definitely not feeling sorry for you and I hope you don't threaten me with rape

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I need to get this off my chest - I'm kind of over Tom Brady

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

If only Nick Foles' dad had played with Brady.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I'm willing to cut him some slack for yesterday because rib injuries loving SUCK and you're reminded you have one every time you breathe, cough, sneeze, laugh, or get speared by a Steelers DE. He honestly should have sat out the game, in retrospect. I've broken ribs playing hockey and every time he took a shot yesterday, I winced for him. Although, I do think even without the injury, he would have still been vastly outclassed. The Steelers D is stupid good this year.

It kills me to write this, because I was all aboard the Baker bandwagon since the draft. I couldn't have been more excited after the comeback win against the Jets after their 0-16 season. We finally had a QB of the future for the first time since Kosar. I knew deep down that being a Browns fan, there is no such thing as hope and prosperity, and it's been coming to fruition over the past year. Cleveland can't have nice things and I'm slowly starting to admit to myself that Baker is no exception.

Last season just sucked rear end because of many reasons, but mostly Kitchens. I think last season put Baker on a downward trajectory that he's still sliding down. I think Stefanski has started to level out the downward trajectory, but at this point he takes 2 steps forward, then 3 steps back. Sure, he showed some flashes against the Bengals and Cowboys this season (butt defenses), but other than that, he pretty much just shits the bed against competent D. He panics and bails on the pocket way too early. His rollout passes are either forcing them into double coverage because he's on the run, or he sails them 6 yards over the receivers head. I didn't see the whole game yesterday, but his only real good read was to Higgins wide open in the end zone because he was so obviously wide open. At this point, his only decent play is the 6-yard WR out routes. And even those are 50/50 on whether the corner jumps the route and bats the pass down since that's all he can connect on.

It's so frustrating because when the Browns get the ball against a good D, it's basically a low probability that he'll be able to lead a good, sustained drive that gets points. If the Browns are down by a couple points at the end of the game, and Baker gets the ball at our 20, I have absolutely no reason to believe he can make a 2-minute drive and get points on the board. The first blitz he sees, he's going to roll out of the pocket, then force a pass into double coverage to OBJ or Landry and it's an easy pick, game over.

And yes, I realize I'm complaining about the Cleveland Browns being 4-2.

If the plane doesn't get righted this year and on a good trajectory, I honestly think they need to start thinking about what name to add to the QB mannequin next. You can only change coaching staff so many times before you have to think about going a different QB direction. There is no reason Baker shouldn't be flourishing on this team. Stefanski seems to play to Baker's strengths (play action, dual TEs, etc), and he has an insanely loaded offense. There isn't a weak spot anywhere. Unless he's just not that good.

You know what, the more time I spend writing this post, the more I realize Baker may just be a perfect Cleveland QB. There is no hope.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 19, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

fartknocker posted:

This made me remember when Ndamukong Suh tried a (Older, shorter) PAT at least once.

I was at this game, and every time it comes up I feel obligated to mention that Suh hit the upright, and the Lions lost that game in overtime.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tom Brady might outlive us all.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1318241630047117312?s=20

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kirk Cousins was never good.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Is there no backup on the giants, it's insane daniel jones is worse than Mitch

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

Is there no backup on the giants, it's insane daniel jones is worse than Mitch

Colt McCoy and Clayton Thorson apparently.

I remember when Thorson was considered a dark horse first round pick :laugh:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

OxySnake posted:

I just turned on Redzone yesterday and watched that.

It was a better choice.

I made guacamole instead, I regret nothing

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Kirios posted:

Hey are you telling me that 1:00 p.m. games against the Bengals when your team is eliminated from playoff contention don't count

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

They should stop releasing this info every time it happens because it’s all based off those lovely rapid tests. Let everyone know as soon as the retest comes back and confirms.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The 4 QBs at the top right quadrant of that chart all have elite run games complementing them.

It's almost like having a strong running game helps open up holes in the secondary

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Kirios posted:

Kirk Cousins is occasionally good. Like last year against the Saints in the playoffs, or the stretch of weeks when he did play very well.

He will also completely fall apart and any random moment.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Welcome back

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1318241822817185796

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DariusLikewise posted:

They should stop releasing this info every time it happens because it’s all based off those lovely rapid tests. Let everyone know as soon as the retest comes back and confirms.

but how else will we know that the NFL takes covid super seriously?!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Outside of a rough patch vs. Khalil Mack last Thursday Wirfs has been fantastic. He shut down another great player Sunday.

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1318254096906883072?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Outside of a rough patch vs. Khalil Mack last Thursday Wirfs has been fantastic. He shut down another great player Sunday.

He's been great. Bosa couldn't do anything against him

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

You better be real happy the Bucs won yesterday or you wouldn't get to post about individual efforts.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

When asked again if he would relinquish play-calling duties, Jets coach Adam Gase responded that's "step 10" and the Jets are currently "on step 2."

"We've got a bunch of issues to sort through on offense and we're on step 2," Gase responded when asked if he'd relinquish play-calling duties for the second consecutive week. "[The play-calling] is step 10." The Jets, currently 0-6 with no hope in sight, have yet to cover a single game while ranking stone last in point differential (-110) through six weeks. The team has also exceeded 17 points only once this year and most recently totaled two passing yards in the second and third quarters against the Dolphins. Gase's tenure with the Jets will undoubtedly be remembered as the worst coaching stint in league history whether it ends this week or at the end of the year.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Still in awe of Adam Gase.

Jeff Fischer won a SB and turned that into a lengthy career of mediocrity.

Gase has kept on being one of the worst coaches ever.

You gotta respect having an ego that big

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trading away all their players for picks is going to be real enticing for the coaching search after he's fired

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The jets are doing a six year tank. Gase is gonna have a job a long time

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Adam Gaffe

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

This is a new kind of AA.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Reminder that we're only a year or two away from the possibility of Frank Gore by committee.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

OxySnake posted:

If you include his stint with the '85 Bears, sure.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1318285147041660928

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Unjust fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

OxySnake posted:

Still in awe of Adam Gase.

Gase has kept on being one of the worst coaches ever.

You gotta respect having an ego that big

I think you'll find he came up a yard short.