Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fartknocker posted:

The sole exception to this is the final week of the season, where playoff spots are up for grabs, so they’ll balance it out to have all the teams that can affect each other on at the same time, so as few teams as possible are aware they’ve been eliminated or made the playoffs prior to their own kickoff. Even that is a fairly recent change, being implemented several years after the league started making the final Sunday all divisional games and making every game open to flexing.

Maybe the best change the league has done in a while. The chiefs game last year was amazing at the end as literally everyone, including the commentators were all watching Fitzmagic drive against the patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1316414090185768961

Jets rolling out the 2016 Ravens offense is a choice I guess

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The gently caress even is this?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Drew Lock(Q) vs Cam Newton(O)

A battle of titans

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I am getting so sick of having Pats and Buccs every single week.

It's like having divorced parents and you have to go to both their miserable Thanksgivings.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Drew Lock(Q) vs Cam Newton(O)

A battle of titans

On the bright side I won't have to watch my relatively low hopes that Cleveland/Pittsburgh could be interesting die.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Quiet Feet posted:

It's like having divorced parents and you have to go to both their miserable Thanksgivings.

All Pats talk, all the time baby!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Why are so many, seemingly random, cities being punished with Jets/Dolphins?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

I've never had the DirecTV NFL thing and unless I go to a bar I rarely get to watch a Bucs game live. Maybe 2 a year, if that, because of a national game.

I've probably been able to watch more Bucs game this year than I have the past 2-3 combined.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've never had the DirecTV NFL thing and unless I go to a bar I rarely get to watch a Bucs game live. Maybe 2 a year, if that, because of a national game.

I've probably been able to watch more Bucs game this year than I have the past 2-3 combined.

I'm the complete opposite. I've had Sunday Ticket for about 16 years now. I can only think of 1 Bucs game I've missed in that time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

They go by markets. For instance would you know that the Miami Dolphins are the 2nd most popular team in Toronto behind the Bills. Pack was 3rd. I’m
Sure it’s changed now but random marketing folks know random poo poo so I imagine it’s a jet or fin area

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

really queer Christmas posted:

Maybe the best change the league has done in a while. The chiefs game last year was amazing at the end as literally everyone, including the commentators were all watching Fitzmagic drive against the patriots.

It also causes stuff like the Steelers rooting for Baker Mayfield, and Andy Dalton becoming the savior of Buffalo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

They go by markets. For instance would you know that the Miami Dolphins are the 2nd most popular team in Toronto behind the Bills. Pack was 3rd. I’m
Sure it’s changed now but random marketing folks know random poo poo so I imagine it’s a jet or fin area

It's like why is Baltimore vs. Philadelphia being shown in North Dakota, then you remember Carson Wentz is from Bismarck and went to college at NDSU.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Fitzpatrick is going to drop 500 yards on the Jets

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Or 150 and inexplicably turn the ball over 5 times.

It's why AFC East games are the best

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Big news

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1316441145472430080

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Covid killing the Probowl? Finally a positive outcome!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
2021 already looking better.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not enough titans imo

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sirtommygunn posted:

Because their local team is playing at noon on Fox, so CBS can't show a competing game at the same time, therefore the late Jets/Dolphins game is the only CBS option.

FOX EARLY

Chicago @ Carolina
Washington @ NY Giants
Cincinnati @ Indianapolis
Atlanta @ Minnesota
Detroit @ Jacksonville

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
in the last thread we had the "if your QB is just getting pressured bootleg you idiot" conversation:

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/1316447101132439552

If you've got the wrong players you are gonna make your issue worse.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is Jonah Williams bad?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bootleg is for cowards. You take snaps directly under center and you stand in the pocket like a real man.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Is Jonah Williams bad?

He is the best lineman they have at the moment. Their center,Trey Hopkins, is also decent. Their guards are absolutely atrocious, and Bobby Hart is one of the worst pass blocking lineman I have ever seen.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/bigj9797/status/1316429016572682241

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Because their local team is playing at noon on Fox, so CBS can't show a competing game at the same time, therefore the late Jets/Dolphins game is the only CBS option.

FOX EARLY

Chicago @ Carolina
Washington @ NY Giants
Cincinnati @ Indianapolis
Atlanta @ Minnesota
Detroit @ Jacksonville

Since when does FOX get AFC games (and vice versa NFC games for CBS)?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

OperaMouse posted:

Since when does FOX get AFC games (and vice versa NFC games for CBS)?

the contracts that started in 2014 state that they can be conference-fluid as needed

also

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1316455654018748416

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vertical Lime posted:

the contracts that started in 2014 state that they can be conference-fluid as needed

This.

Here's a Wikipedia entry that goes into a lot of detail. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_on_television

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The NFL: We demand more revenue! More!

Also the NFL: No you can't watch our games.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hear me out, I'm mostly known as an expert on the sport of basketball, but I know how to save all of football this season.

You find a small town with all the functions of modern life, you replace the workers with college football players, and put the NFL players in the homes of the elderly, who are expelled along with the rest of the town. the college players do their jobs instead of going to class, and play on saturdays at one of 50 football fields, temporarily laid over crop land. Nothing comes in but trucks and trains and that's all handled in a sanitary fashion. No more coronavirus. It's that easy

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

Getting mad at a team for wanting to practice so drat bad seems weird to me anyway.
Friend, have you heard there is a plague afoot

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Hear me out, I'm mostly known as an expert on the sport of basketball, but I know how to save all of football this season.

You find a small town with all the functions of modern life, you replace the workers with college football players, and put the NFL players in the homes of the elderly, who are expelled along with the rest of the town. the college players do their jobs instead of going to class, and play on saturdays at one of 50 football fields, temporarily laid over crop land. Nothing comes in but trucks and trains and that's all handled in a sanitary fashion. No more coronavirus. It's that easy

Seems legit

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

And we can charge the college players for the experience. Can it an unpaid internship!

Get this man a job with the NCAA and a job on the reopening America task force.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lmao imagine being Kamalei Correa and requesting a trade from the Titans and ending up on the Jags

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Did he get popped twice in the same night or something? It's an odd way to state the MPH over the limit.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Black Sunshine posted:

Did he get popped twice in the same night or something? It's an odd way to state the MPH over the limit.

My guess is he started speeding at one speed limit and crossed a change before he got pulled over.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
https://twitter.com/panthers/status/1316481649014702080?s=21

Panthers reeled off three straight wins and the defensive line started playing better too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

30s hitting short like a sack of bricks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

That is so :smith: . Like I'm thinking "Say goodbye to your dad properly" but ultimately I can't tell him what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Android Apocalypse posted:

That is so :smith: . Like I'm thinking "Say goodbye to your dad properly" but ultimately I can't tell him what to do.

Tweet is gone. What did it say?