Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Has the real Ryan Tannehill emerged? He's 32 now. Could we see another few seasons of this level of play from him?

https://twitter.com/heykayadams/status/1316364665249845249

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1316372729675866113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Look at Rich Gannon. It can happen.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I went to Ryan Tannehill's first start in Tennessee and my friend and I joked about getting a Tannehill jersey from the shop before the game. Now I wish I had.

E: he bought a Byard one to play it safe, so that's not so bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sure, most QB's outside the truly special ones are products of the surrounding talent and system they're in. Even Mahomes wouldn't be anywhere close to what he is if he didn't end up with Andy Reid and a roster full of great pass catchers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Sure, most QB's outside the truly special ones are products of the surrounding talent and system they're in. Even Mahomes wouldn't be anywhere close to what he is if he didn't end up with Andy Reid and a roster full of great pass catchers.

Adam Gase and Mike Wallace wasn't enough for him????

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The shirts have been printed, OP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tannehill he's good enough

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Amazing what he can do when he has more than a wet paper bag for an offensive line and clown school drop outs for HCs like he did in Miami. Makes you think.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this happened to andy dalton as well. He's elite and great

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

PRINT MORE SHIRTS

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Sure goes to show you how great Adam Gase was at his job

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
When do we move from printing shirts to printing hats? Week 8?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
It's a team effort.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I will never stop wanting to kiss Ryan Tannehill

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
As the conductor of the original ryan Tannehill is actually really good train from 2015, this makes me very very happy. I cheer him on every time I catch a titans game

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Play-Action Jackson Tanny

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

When Tannehill gets a ring on the Titans then he will be legit. Until then he's a maybe.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I will never stop wanting to kiss Ryan Tannehill

Pucker up!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

tangy yet delightful posted:

When Tannehill gets a ring on the Titans then he will be legit. Until then he's a maybe.

I reject this definition of "legit".

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
He's not an elite QB, but he's more talented than he got credit for and he's 100% in the offensive syste, he should have been his entire career.

Drives me loving crazy, because Joe Philbin even interviewed Kyle Shanahan before hiring Bill loving Lazor. He knew.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kalli posted:

Sure, most QB's outside the truly special ones are products of the surrounding talent and system they're in.

Yes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

He's not an elite QB

what the hell

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I want a pair of truck nuts molded after tannehills balls

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I want a pair of truck nuts molded after tannehills balls

Gonna have to get a lift

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ehud posted:

what the hell

When I die the last thing I will see before my eyes is Tannehill staring down some stupid rear end Adam Gase Y ISO concept as Belichick sends a looping blitz on 3rd and 5+ to seal the game that he will not avoid.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

When I die the last thing I will see before my eyes is Tannehill staring down some stupid rear end Adam Gase Y ISO concept as Belichick sends a looping blitz on 3rd and 5+ to seal the game that he will not avoid.

GO GO

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's incredibly funny to me how bad a coach would have to be to make tannehill, who is generally a solid decision maker and not scared to throw even with a defender on him, look putrid

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tannehill was also dinged up quite a bit in the second half of his Dolphins career, and I think it's fair to say that also made him more cautious.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus his reads were slow developing with the Philbin era.

God we butchered that dude but whatever Tua time

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

I reject this definition of "legit".

I'll modify slightly, Steve McNair was legit but didn't win, but he at least played in the game. Tanny get me to another SB even if you lose.

I should never be considered to have a good opinion about football

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yea he whips rear end op

New nickname is Red Zone Ryan because dude is lethal down there. His decision making is generally good and he’s in a perfect system that excellently utilizes the pieces surrounding him. It’s a perfect situation and he fits it like a glove

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

CocoaNuts posted:

Pucker up!

he looks like a better version of Robert Webb

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
When I was watching Nick Foles play like an all time great in the Super Bowl, all I could think was “Ryan Tannehill could do this”

So while I don’t think he is an elite QB, I do think he can play elite football if everything around him is right, which it finally is.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

After Tuesdays game I can say he is elite at being able to throw past the LOS

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

OxySnake posted:

After Tuesdays game I can say he is elite at being able to throw past the LOS

Yeah, that one wasn't even close and I guess the announcers aren't allowed to say "wow the refs really hosed that one up" and instead had to pretend there was any ambiguity whatsoever.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

LargeHadron posted:

Yeah, that one wasn't even close and I guess the announcers aren't allowed to say "wow the refs really hosed that one up" and instead had to pretend there was any ambiguity whatsoever.

I think this counts as a superstar call. Elite.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

LargeHadron posted:

Well, it was reviewed and not overturned so there was definitely ambiguity...

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

Well, it was reviewed and not overturned so there was definitely ambiguity...

Ambiguity whether he was 5 or 6 yards past the LoS, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Tannehill is good... for an A&M QB.