Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hostile V posted:

Aww, that one's brilliant, I'd love to have it.

I squeezed it down to 65px height. I think that's about the limit before I have to start chopping off too much for it to look right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Tommunist posted:

Lazy posting here but the mafia community could do with a gang tag

there were some ideas back in our thread back in The Day but I can't seem to find them

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Should the shotgun wizard have an exclamation point at the end of "right and wrong"

or is it good as-is?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
it's funnier with the ! imo

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I was trying to think of a way to show someone lonely looking out a window for the 2020 trad games subforum, but that wizard is better.

The exclamation point kind of disappears into the radiance lines from his head, though.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

YES

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Splicer posted:

Top half: "D&D but <cycling through various genres>"
Bottom half: "Play another game"

This.

Or the whizzard.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Trying to think of mini-painting ones. I like Thin Your Paints. I’ll toss out some garbage suggestions off the top of my head:

Wet Blenders
Sprue Crew
Drill Your Barrels
Delicious Paintwater

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pretty Dollies

Dodecahedron
Nov 29, 2004

Polycahedric Perfection

That Old Tree posted:

Oo, definitely!

Yeah this is the one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That Old Tree posted:

I squeezed it down to 65px height. I think that's about the limit before I have to start chopping off too much for it to look right.

It still works okay chopping another 5 pixels off the bottom but it's definitely not going down to 40.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Lemon-Lime posted:

It still works okay chopping another 5 pixels off the bottom but it's definitely not going down to 40.

Eeeeh, it chops off the Whizzard's arms and makes his hands look weird coming up from the bottom of the frame.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I think I need to sharpen or contrast the DM here or something, as it looks kind of muddy, but I've gotta go to work soon.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I wouldn't hate a Muscle Wizard Casts Fist tag

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

whydirt posted:

I wouldn't hate a Muscle Wizard Casts Fist tag

Best I could manage with my limited skills.

e;

That Old Tree posted:

Eeeeh, it chops off the Whizzard's arms and makes his hands look weird coming up from the bottom of the frame.

On a similar note:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 15, 2020

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I'm bad at puns. Suggestions are welcome.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Lemon-Lime posted:

Muscle wizard owns.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I'm bad at puns. Suggestions are welcome.

:five: although anything "Slam Sector" has my heart

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

:bisonyes:

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

That Old Tree posted:

Should the shotgun wizard have an exclamation point at the end of "right and wrong"

or is it good as-is?

I think I slightly prefer as-is, but in either case I'd rather a slightly faster animation. Right now the cycle time is much longer than the time it takes to read the text and it feels awkward to me.

Lemon-Lime posted:

e;

On a similar note:

Muscle wizard is excellent and I think the slide is a good solution to the height problem for the magical realm.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

That Duncan’s Twocoats is amazing!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

I really like this.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Last time I got a tag there was a two-tag per person limit, obviously Leper has 4 but is there a limit once the tags exist?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Made the Piss Whizzard first frame stick around for a bit longer before panning up to make it a better counterpart to the final frame.

e; I made it better:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 15, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Last time I got a tag there was a two-tag per person limit, obviously Leper has 4 but is there a limit once the tags exist?

If you are buying yourself a custom title (which you can't do right now because the store is still closed), the character limit in the text area effectively limits you to a maximum of three.

I, however, have a different panel and can exceed that limit. I originally got four when a mod gave me a fourth one (I'd assumed I'd be losing one but they just tacked it on anyway) and now that I am drunk with power responsibly using my mod tools in a reasonable and respectful way, I can do that too.

However, when I brought up the question of what the current limits on gang tags are (turns out there is no hard rule documented anywhere right now), a few admins and mods were discussing it and one of the admins had an opinion of "nobody should have more than one gang tag" and also "max 50px is good" so while that's definitely not an admin/mod consensus, it suggests to me that should a consensus be reached, it will likely not be "just go hog wild who cares."

On that basis I would say that it's not so much "how many do you have" but how tall of a stack you'll wind up with. If you've already got a pretty tall tag like that ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS one and you want another tall one maybe 2 is your limit?

But I would say that anyone can have at least two, and I'd put a third in for anyone that doesn't result in an excessively tall pile of tags. Also if you have a longatar that might affect things, I dunno, I forgot about those and will have to ask.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

I think I slightly prefer as-is, but in either case I'd rather a slightly faster animation. Right now the cycle time is much longer than the time it takes to read the text and it feels awkward to me.

There we go, I think.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

However, when I brought up the question of what the current limits on gang tags are (turns out there is no hard rule documented anywhere right now), a few admins and mods were discussing it and one of the admins had an opinion of "nobody should have more than one gang tag" and also "max 50px is good" so while that's definitely not an admin/mod consensus, it suggests to me that should a consensus be reached, it will likely not be "just go hog wild who cares."

D&D (The slightly worse one) and CSPAM had a real plague of gangtags for a while there, and the limit over there has settled on three, if that's any help.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Lemon-Lime posted:

Made the Piss Whizzard first frame stick around for a bit longer before panning up to make it a better counterpart to the final frame.

e; I made it better:

This is probably the best it'll be if it must fit within 40px height.

In any case, all my noodling has lined me up with what's probably my new avatar whenever I can get that done.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

So we can just post here and get one assigned to us by the magic of mod power, right?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Lemon-Lime posted:

:five:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

So we can just post here and get one assigned to us by the magic of mod power, right?

Yeah I'm going to give folks more time to find the thread and make suggestions and make more options, there's no big rush. Then we'll settle on probably a general TG one and then perhaps one per megathread/topic that got made, and then I'll ask people to post which of the winners they want, and get the images uploaded (an admin does that so I'll request them all at once).

Then I can do the custom titling with my mod powers, so I'll go down the list and just do em all in batches or whatever.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I found a tacky animated text site, so

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Of all the ones posted so far, this is my favorite. Because of my preoccupation with DCC RPG I think it would be cool to do a tag in a patch style they use for their dungeon crawls:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

e; I made it better:

If file size isn’t an issue and someone is feeling ambitious, I feel like this would be greatly improved if the wizard had a finger wiggle like the deer from Adventure Time.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Well, I have no design ability and contribute negative utility to any TG thread I end up in but: +1 to the Piss Whizzard if we're voting?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I want every single one of these gang tags. My sad first effort has been humbled by this cornucopia of awesome.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sorta surprised there's not been anything from the warhammer crew.

That Old Tree posted:

I think I need to sharpen or contrast the DM here or something, as it looks kind of muddy, but I've gotta go to work soon.

I like it sorta, but the D&D cartoon reference doesn't combo well with the miniatures hobby side? Maybe?

I'm an ideas man here. Can we do something with this classic?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Someone do a PbtA/BitD/storygames tag, I can't think of any good ideas.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sorta surprised there's not been anything from the warhammer crew.

I like it sorta, but the D&D cartoon reference doesn't combo well with the miniatures hobby side? Maybe?

I'm an ideas man here. Can we do something with this classic?

please don't doxx my headshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

they don't all have to be ironic. Maybe something like: "storygames... fail forward" or "storygames... success, with consequences" or ?