Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just throwing all the ones I made into one post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Can we get one with the 40k font that just says "HAMS"?

(I don't have computer access right now or I'd give it a try.)

This but "SPACE BARBIES"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I looked around a little, but it looks like the 40k font is hard to get ahold of! Which means photoshopping letters together probably, that's unfortunate.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Is there something in "No Gods, No Dungeon Masters"?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I could probably do something with these last few ideas, but it wouldn't be until tomorrow afternoon.

I don't even know what "the 40k font" is, for starters.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It’s 40 thousand pixels in height, to show the supremacy of man

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, there's this:
https://fontmeme.com/dawn-of-war-font/
The warhammer 40k: dawn of war game's font, supposedly, and it's not free.

There's also this:
which I found on google image search, but the link goes to this https://budgetfasr545.weebly.com/warhammer-40k-font.html which looks very shady to me, the reviews are obviously machine-generated/fake and I am not clicking that download button.

Go ahead and see what you can do tomorrow TOT, if you like! There's no big rush.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

What’s up with the J? Does J come up a lot in 40k?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's also missing a lower-case q, and that lower-case x is weird (is it really an x?) and so is the y and z, so :shrug: gently caress if I know

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It borrowed the “th” character and the “ae” “oe” vowel characters from Germanic. Still though, given the artistry on the capital J, I’d assume every 40k box set is called like Jackals of Joffreys’s Jousters or something equally as silly.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well like, I'm 89% sure that's either a fanmade thing attempting to be similar to 40k, or a totally unrelated font that some 40k nerd decided would serve.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It's like the worst of Fraktur, ugh.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Here I was assuming the 40K font was just the big blocky sans serif font they used for the logo(s).

DrDraxium
Dec 2, 2002

Plz state the nature of the medical emergency

TotalHell posted:

e: Drat, Drill Your Barrels is pretty drat dark.

Huge fan of this one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TotalHell posted:

Here I was assuming the 40K font was just the big blocky sans serif font they used for the logo(s).

Yeah maybe it's that! I don't know how to search for that specifically. Googling shows other people looking for the font used in rules text.

TG does not appear to be populated by a bunch of photoshop wizards, unfortunately.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Yeah I’d be willing to give a few more of the suggestions a go if I find the time...the problem is finding the time.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I think this one turned out well.

This one, not so much, but I finished it so here it is anyway. It was a real pain in the rear end trying to get the heads recognizable at this size, and they're still probably total mysteries to most people. It's a weird, maybe too esoteric Exalted reference, but whatever.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:nfpa:

E: Updated to new rev.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 23, 2020

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I just realized I didn't pay attention to the shading on that. I'll be able to fix it pretty easily, but it'll be a couple hours before I'm back at my computer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

space barbies is an absolute gem, thank you

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Space Barbies is excellent.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

There we go, much better shading.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's lovely.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Here's some crap I cobbled together using the Call of Cthulhu Fonts

I could make them wider, if anyone's interested.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They seem slightly... blurry? Is that from resizing, or font smoothing or something?

I do like them though, they're fancy

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Resizing and artifacting. I’ll spend more than 15 minutes on em tomorrow

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Suggestion:

What about something like...

But with a clever text overlay?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

My collected "best of" tag ideas so far, including a brand new one:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hmm. Could you make the Night Horrors one flash "Mage Chat" in the Traditional Games space?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hams is good! But looks faded/dark compared to space barbies

for a d20, that's pretty much a D&D thing now, yeah? I've seen "I only roll 20s" but maybe it could roll a 1 and just say "welp poo poo" or similar

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh my God I love HAMS

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

Hams is good! But looks faded/dark compared to space barbies

How's this? (Space Barbies tag unchanged but posted alongside for easy comparison)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

That Old Tree posted:

How's this? (Space Barbies tag unchanged but posted alongside for easy comparison)

Yeah that's very nice!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it owns and I'm sad that you guys will have to somehow choose between them for the 40k thread gang tag!

I know I said two days ago that I'd give this one more day but: I'm gonna be too busy to start voting until at least sunday, so keep working on any more tags if you got em

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

wow these are amazing, I can't decide between piss wizard or hams

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hmm. Could you make the Night Horrors one flash "Mage Chat" in the Traditional Games space?

I can probably do something fun with this. And I think I have an idea for improving Pretty Dollies, even though "enjoy paint water" is and will remain the clearly superior option if they're in contention for the painting thread.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I spent more than 15 minutes on these. Does anyone with GIMP knowledge know how I can stop the text from being so jagged and artifacted? This happened during the .gif creation process, so I don't know what knobs to turn

e: I hosed around with some stuff and got it looking less wonky:

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 24, 2020

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

That Old Tree posted:

These are both awesome.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm going to have to go Hams over Space Barbies but it's a close-run thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

now that i've figured out gifs, I may just go insane