Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

Here's all the scrunt material, if you want to do that
https://imgur.com/a/iEutM

like allll of it

e. this has some potential

???

The fancier the text, the harder it gets to shrink down legibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

It's a fair bit taller than 40px, but I don't think there's any other way to do this particular one so maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

mellonbread posted:

Let me know if this skates too close to the rule about copyrighted images.

May I suggest:

or

EDIT: or

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 15, 2020

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

mellonbread posted:

Perhaps a gif that switches between the two?

(In the interest of pedantry, I think it's "right and wrong" rather than "right or wrong")

Oo, definitely!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Hostile V posted:

Aww, that one's brilliant, I'd love to have it.

I squeezed it down to 65px height. I think that's about the limit before I have to start chopping off too much for it to look right.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Should the shotgun wizard have an exclamation point at the end of "right and wrong"

or is it good as-is?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Lemon-Lime posted:

It still works okay chopping another 5 pixels off the bottom but it's definitely not going down to 40.

Eeeeh, it chops off the Whizzard's arms and makes his hands look weird coming up from the bottom of the frame.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I think I need to sharpen or contrast the DM here or something, as it looks kind of muddy, but I've gotta go to work soon.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

I think I slightly prefer as-is, but in either case I'd rather a slightly faster animation. Right now the cycle time is much longer than the time it takes to read the text and it feels awkward to me.

There we go, I think.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Lemon-Lime posted:

Made the Piss Whizzard first frame stick around for a bit longer before panning up to make it a better counterpart to the final frame.

e; I made it better:

This is probably the best it'll be if it must fit within 40px height.

In any case, all my noodling has lined me up with what's probably my new avatar whenever I can get that done.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sorta surprised there's not been anything from the warhammer crew.

I like it sorta, but the D&D cartoon reference doesn't combo well with the miniatures hobby side? Maybe?

I just did it up because it was in that Scrunt imgur gallery you posted. I figured it meant something to the minis threads. Plus, D&D is a minis game anyway.

quote:

I'm an ideas man here. Can we do something with this classic?

Hell yeah. It's probably funnier for a "pretty dollies" tag.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

EDIT: I realize that against the light grey of the forum, the background color looks awful, so lemme change that and come back in a sec.

EDIT 2:

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 17, 2020

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm glad you included the skull on the wall. I was planning on doing that if I got around to trying it. But the one you made is great already!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

EDIT:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

mango sentinel posted:

I'm not sensitive to that kind of imagery and still don't want it in the tag so thank you. Skull better be there tho.

Agreed. On both counts.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I could probably do something with these last few ideas, but it wouldn't be until tomorrow afternoon.

I don't even know what "the 40k font" is, for starters.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I think this one turned out well.

This one, not so much, but I finished it so here it is anyway. It was a real pain in the rear end trying to get the heads recognizable at this size, and they're still probably total mysteries to most people. It's a weird, maybe too esoteric Exalted reference, but whatever.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I just realized I didn't pay attention to the shading on that. I'll be able to fix it pretty easily, but it'll be a couple hours before I'm back at my computer.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

There we go, much better shading.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

My collected "best of" tag ideas so far, including a brand new one:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

Hams is good! But looks faded/dark compared to space barbies

How's this? (Space Barbies tag unchanged but posted alongside for easy comparison)

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hmm. Could you make the Night Horrors one flash "Mage Chat" in the Traditional Games space?

I can probably do something fun with this. And I think I have an idea for improving Pretty Dollies, even though "enjoy paint water" is and will remain the clearly superior option if they're in contention for the painting thread.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The Night Horrors tags were meant to be WoD thread tags, though I imagine the Pentex round table comic one will win handily anyway.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Ooh, if only I had done some "graduate your game" riff for an Exalted tag. Maybe one with Chompy or something.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Might check with Kurieg but I think I, j, k in your General category are actually WoD tags?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

^^^ ranked choice voting my friend!

Though Haight's Thai Cuisine should deffo be the WoD tag if everyone votes Correctly, leaving No Sense of Right and Wrong free to be General TG.

Leperflesh posted:

:siren:VOTEVOTEVOTEVOTEVOTE:siren:

General: D

Minis: K, fallback C

Boardgames: B, fallback L

WoD: L, fallback I

Magic: C

Warhams: B

PbtA: A

Cthulhu: A

D&D: A

FATAL: A

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 29, 2020

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Kind of surprised Space Barbies seems to be running away with the 40k race.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gotta say, I'm a little surprised Space Barbies won after all the love HAMS got.

Leperflesh posted:

RUNOFF VOTING TIME

General: D, C, K

WoD: L, I, H

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Trad Games, WoD, and FATAL please. Or PM me instructions if this is something I should learn how to do for myself if that's an IK thing.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I'm trying to mess around, went to User Control Panel > Edit Options, and don't see anything for gang tags. Help!?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Kurieg posted:

IIRC gang tags are a part of your avatar subtitle so you can only edit them when you're in the process of finalizing your avatar. I.E. when you buy one.

There was a post a bit before the tags thread started about a new feature allowing one to manipulate one's gang tags under UCP > Edit Options.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Leperflesh posted:

You can show or hide avatars there, but otherwise it's a matter of modifying your profile, which costs $5.

I don't remember if IKs can use the mod tool button. If so, click the little exclamation point button and pick Title Change and see what you see there.

Yeah, the Title Change thingie is there, but I didn't want to mess with it if I wasn't supposed to, and also I was planning on giving $5 to our new dictator anyway. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Yes, thank you very much for arranging this and doing all the work.