Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'll try and put together some more WOD ones after work today because I was not aware that this was a thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

xutech posted:

omg how could you summon this evil

He has invoked the words of power, I am no longer responsible for what I do.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

For the Owod/cofd category, by popular request.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 28, 2020

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

slapped this together but i'm real bad at GIMP and don't understand why the borders aren't rounded even though it is in the version i saved

It's a png file you have to save it special to actually preserve the transparency. Save it with a FFFF00 magenta background and I can do it for ya.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

gonna assume you meant ff00ff because the one you said was yellow

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I Am Just a Box posted:

I figured I'd give it a shot even though Kurieg's work is a runaway success, as a maximum confusing in-joke option.

for the love of god do not pick this option I feel physically ill having made this

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well if we are doing.. that... here's a version with a fixed frame delay, since in my haste to shitpost I hosed it up.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The lovely rainbow has grown on me, and I don't want to compete against myself, but here.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I have a feeling that isn't going to work that well with some of the animated gangtags.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

You could maybe have a few long animation ones on top and the static/short animation ones below them in a [marquee]

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I, J and K in the General category are more Wod/Cofd in general(I specifically is Werewolf), but they might be popular enough to survive on their own apparently judging by the thread reaction :psyduck:

Leperflesh posted:

General TG
K.
Minis painting / general tabletop wargames
K.
Boardgames
L.
World of Darkness / Night Horrors
I. L.
Magic: The Gathering
B.
Warhammer 40k
A.
PbtA/BitD/Storygames
B.
D&D
A.
FATAL & Friends
A.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 29, 2020

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Oh!

The Thai Cuisine comes from the chick tract thing which I took to be general trad games but sure I tell you what, let's put them in both categories and see what happens

OK I did that, if you already voted feel free to edit your votes due to the changes I just made

I've done so.

It's a little complicated but the 'chick tract thing' is from a werewolf book about an evil gaming company, which is the logo I use in the not-rainbow-sam-haight one. Which is why the W/CofD thread has latched onto it so vehemently and I'm too weak to deny them.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

General TG
K->D->C
WoD
L->I->H

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Hi, I don't understand the Thai Cuisine thing.
Thai Cuisine as a phrase itself comes from this picture. Which is from a White Wolf book about an evil tradgames company called Black Dog Games, a parody of basically everything tradgames but specifically themselves.

In addition to such seminal works as Revenant, Lycanthrope, Warlock, The Occult, and SATANS, you have Thai Cuisine.

Kurieg posted:

As the person who is the nominal owner of the brain from which this monstrosity sprung, I can try to explain it.

The first gang tag I made was

which was requested as "A slow pan over sam haight followed by 'Haighters Gonna Haight' made out of every single WOD font I could get my hands on." Except I also used the LOTR font and Stencil.ttf because :gamefreak: that's why.

The text, even with the glow, was fairly hard to read with all of the clashing fonts. So I made a fixed version where haight's face fades out a bit and lets the text stand on it's own. At the same time as this, as a joke, I also made a version where the text glow was actually rainbow color burn instead.

At the same time as this, I Am Just A Box tried to make a Thai Cuisine gang tag that was just a somewhat cleaned up version of the book, people decided that "Thai Cuisine" was a better in-joke than Haighters gonna haight. I wanted to give it a better shot so I made this.

at the same time this happened.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Synthesis: A tag that scrolls up through the Haight illustration and then says "Thai Cuisine" as the text

so

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'll give it a shot later tonight.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

e: I'm consulting with the Shadowrun peeps but I'm pretty sure we've got something.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 2, 2020

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Barring something extraordinary happening, I present to you your new Shadowrun gangtag.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I will take Thai Cuisine, No sense of right or wrong, and Garbage Fire.
In exchange for this dark alchemy you can feel free to yeet "i want nothing" into the void. If that's still too tall you can put the static tags in a marquee.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

Haighters gonna Haight and Magechat please and thank you

neither of those won, my friend.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

That Old Tree posted:

I'm trying to mess around, went to User Control Panel > Edit Options, and don't see anything for gang tags. Help!?

IIRC gang tags are a part of your avatar subtitle so you can only edit them when you're in the process of finalizing your avatar. I.E. when you buy one.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What I'd really love is an explanation of all the memes. Like what's that "gimme some fuckin cubes lmao" statement referring to? I know mine comes from Dark Dungeons, the Chick tract.

Thai Cuisine can best be summed up as "The WoD/CofD forum is absolutely deranged."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Click to discover everything you ever didn't want to know about HaighThaiCuisine.gif